Company Secretarial Assistant Dublin -Cherrywood
Aviva now have a vacancy for a Company Secretarial Assistant to join our Company Secretarial team in Dublin.
In this role, you will report to the Company Secretary at Aviva Ireland and will be supporting fillings with the Company Registrations Office, statutory and group reporting, and internal documentation while working alongside deputy Company Secretaries within the Aviva Ireland combined Legal and Company Secretarial setup.
We see this as a phenomenal opportunity for those serious and passionate about continuing their company secretary career with a company that has the support and resources to help you grow professionally.Duties & responsibilities:
Skills & experience required:
- Assisting with the delivery of timely company secretarial & corporate governance support for boards, committees, directors and senior managers within own area of responsibility
- Building factual research for more senior team members
- Assisting senior colleagues in the analysis of issues presented to the function
- Examining documents for their sufficiency, identifying issues that need to be resolved, where appropriate
- Carrying out a range of processes and use of relevant systems, ensuring that they are optimally maintained and coordinated, recommending improvements where possible
- Delivering on small-scale projects or well-defined tasks on major projects
- Preparing board and committee papers, as required and responsible for statutory filings relating to company secretarial activity
- Updating records on appropriate systems (e.g. Diligent Entities and Board Books)
What will we offer for this role?
- ICSA qualification (or studying towards qualification) or equivalent qualification with appropriate practical experience
- Previous commercial Company Secretarial experience
- Knowledge of company law and administration and corporate governance
- An understanding of the insurance industry
- Digital literacy and a good knowledge of relevant software
Working at Aviva
- A competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow. We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always 'Care More'. It's our thing. We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you've applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Guv a call on 0750 008 7919 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.