Do you want tocontribute to the future of healthcare? Siemens Healthineers value those whodedicate their energy and passion to this cause, our company's name isdedicated to our employees. It's their pioneering spirit, blended with our longhistory of engineering in the ever evolving healthcare industry that trulymakes us unique as an employer.
We offer you aflexible and dynamic environment and the space to stretch beyond your comfortzone in order to grow both personally and professionally. Sound interesting?
Come and join our team as Commodity Manager to p erform a full range of strategic sourcing activities and Commodity Management functions for Instruments and Consumables products produced at our site in Sudbury, Suffolk. You will also support other six Point of Care plants world wide, so some international travel will be required.
This role would suit you if you're looking to step into a management role. We offer great opportunities for progression and career development.
The start date for this role is October 2019. Your mission and responsibilities:
- Develops complex buyingstrategies to purchase and arrange timely deliveries of supplies and materialsfor domestic and international purchases.
- Negotiates prices, terms and quality requirements.Reducing on an annual basis the cost of purchased parts providing positivepurchase price changes and year on year reduction of standard costs
- Manage supplier capabilities in order to delivermaterials in line with business requirements in terms of quality and supply.
- Manage Supply Chain risk from both a supplier andindividual part perspective with regular assessment and mitigation.
- Working with Healthcare Strategic Procurementcolleagues, develop new supply sources to support existing and new productrequirements. Ensuring the identification and qualification of capablesuppliers with the involvement and support of technical personnel whereappropriate.
- Ensure accurate standard costs, are maintained fornew and existing products.
- Performs value analysis toidentify cost improvements. Identify and co-ordinate cost-reductionopportunities for materials ensuring correct approvals and evaluations areobtained.
Tofind out more about the specific business, have a look at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-uk/point-of-care-testing Your qualifications and experience:
Your personality and skills:
- Successful experience inpurchasing - demonstrating coverage of key fundamental aspects /responsibilities of the role as described above.
- Familiar with lean conceptsand tools
- Certification of aprofessional body associated with procurement preferred
Being part of our team:
- Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to communicateclearly in both written and verbal forms, influence and engage across global,cross-functional groups
- Ability to work effectivelyin teams
- Strong Analytical Skills -ability to deal with large amounts of complex data
- Highly organised andresults oriented with a 'strong' quality ethos.
- Financial awareness of the'inter dependencies' of procurement decisions
- Ability to work underpressure
- Ability to drive anddeliver new initiatives and business improvements
- Strong leadership andnegotiation skills
- Driving Licence
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technologycompany. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries aredriven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patientsacross the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies andservices in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratorydiagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterpriseservices. Your cultural fit:
Our unique team spirit arises from embracing differentperspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is aconstant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industryrather than just react to it. That's why we want you to seek, implement andcelebrate your best ideas. Flexible Working:
We recognise that building a diverse workforce iscritical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applicationsfrom a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibilityrequirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation. We can offer different flexible workingoptions at Sudbury depending on the role you're applying for. We're be happy to talk through these optionswith you during the application process.
Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Products LtdExperience Level:
not definedJob Type: