Would you like a varied and challenging role working within a dynamic environment? We currently have a vacancy for a Commercial Officer in our Defence and Labs team, to be based from one of our Guildford, London, or Great Baddow offices.
As a Commercial Officer, you will support the business through the provision of commercial advice in support of bidding activities. You will develop and manage proposals to Applied Intelligence customers, ensuring that they are suitably priced, commercially sound, developed and approved within sign off limits and submitted to the customer on time and to quality. What you'll be doing
What we're looking for
- In accordance with organisational operational framework and local commercial processes, provide commercial inputs throughout the bid and negotiation stages
- Preparing commercial offer letters and associated commercial bid documentation
- Preparing and negotiating basic commercial agreements such as Non-Disclosure Agreements and internal trading terms, consulting with senior members of the commercial team where appropriate so as to best protect and maximise the company position
- Reviewing customer and supplier terms and conditions, consulting with senior members of the Commercial team where necessary so as to best protect and maximise the company's position
- Providing commercial guidance on matters arising including export, Intellectual Property, confidentiality, pricing strategy, terms and conditions seeking guidance from senior members of the commercial team where necessary
- Developing and maintaining customer relationships both internally and externally
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
- Experience in preparing quotations, pricing and terms and conditions and commercial offers
- Knowledge and understanding of basic commercial terms and agreements, and experience in drafting and negotiating commercial agreements such as Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Commercial background with experience in a manufacturing or technology driven environment, preferably within the Defence & Security market however this is not essential
- Business or Legal degree or equivalent is beneficial
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to enable you to build and support relationships with customers and partners
- A logical approach to business operations and a flexible approach to work, with a desire and willingness to learn and develop
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals. Division overview: Corporate Functions
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the business could not operate without all the dedicated work of our Corporate Functions teams. From Finance & Operations through Communications & Marketing, to HR and Site Operations and more, our Corporate Functions enable our divisions to implement ground-breaking digital transformations and crucial defence software.
As part of Corporate Functions, you will be supporting and partnering with our global business from the backline, being a strategic advisor within your specialist area, and ensuring the business runs smoothly and efficiently. We all have a role to play in defending our clients; and this is yours.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.