Colt Data Centre Services (DCS) offers flexible and affordable colocation and IT infrastructure solutions. Our connectivity and colocation solutions allow our customers freedom to plan effectively for the growth of their business, knowing that their data centre strategy is future-proof. Role Purpose:
This position is responsible for the implementation of the Commercial strategy required for Design, Engineering and Construction of data centres and the financial management and business outcomes relating to Projects. This includes:
- Provide Commercial Governance across all projects
- Advising on procurement, risk management, contractual matters and cost performance
- Procurement support to ensure that DCS maintains strong supply chains and can deliver at lowest Total Cost of Ownership
- Providing input and advice into Construction contracts and negotiations
- Manage the relevant project commercial strategy that balances risk to the business
- Work in tandem with the procurement team and cost managers to achieve the relevant objectives
- Resolving contractual and commercial problems
- Discovering areas that are not in-keeping with regulation practices
- To help define and embed a commercial approach to the running of the department across all levels of the hierarchy.
- Work with the wider Delivery team to collaboratively guide the development of professional standards, commercial contracts and service level agreements
- To take steps to identify and manage risks commercial and otherwise to the Delivery lifecycle
- Ensuring that all stakeholders understand and adhere to contractual obligations
- Ensuring that the financial aspects and impact of a contract are clear to all parties both internal and external
- Be part of the customer process and ensure that customer agreements are considered into the designs and planning for delivery of projects
- Work with sales teams to structure commercial terms for customer proposal during the bid process that are relevant to Delivery
- Actively participate in contract negotiations with all key external parties and ensure support is provided from all internal functions such as sales, operations and legal teams to ensure favourable commercial terms
- If required work with the Real Estate and development team to assist with preparation of business case for all new site acquisitions or construction projects
- To build and maintain effective relationships with key working partners, including the development of strong links at all levels of the business
- Production of key contract statistics across individual projects and across the portfolio
- Work with Project Management Office to ensure all functions are supported and information is shared in a timely manner for the benefit of team members
- Participate in detailed vendor assessments and comparisons ensuring that various stakeholders contribute to effective outcomes
- Use the Commercial strategy to drive savings and cost reductions into the projects that are measurable and tangible to track
- Actively promote the culture and ethos of the business
- Strong Commercial acumen and awareness
- Strong financial acumen relating to construction
- Previous experience in data centre related organisation
- Ability to work in environment requiring multi-tasking and working against deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills at all levels of the organisation and with partners
- Open and transparent management style. Must be adaptable to work under many circumstances - self-directed, on teams, cross functionally, by project, etc.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Demonstrably strong negotiation skills
- Creative thinker and demonstrated ability to champion innovation
- Excellent relationship building skills
- An in-depth understanding of the technical, procedural, contractual and commercial aspects of project delivery
- Detailed understanding of the procurement process
- Experience at delivering against risk management
- Bachelor's degree required in related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Quantity Surveying, Construction, Engineering or Corporate Real Estate field
- Recent experience within a global organisation and international remit
- Fluent in English / Japenese required for Japan position
- Other European or Asian languages desirable
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent financial skills
- Strong understanding of how technology can assist with the delivery of projects
- Cultural understanding of various work ethics and practices in Europe, India and Asia
What we offer:
- Good communication and reporting to team members and stakeholders including design, operations, end-users, 3rd parties, contractors, suppliers etc.
- Excellent teamwork and coordination across multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to manage multiple, diverse projects simultaneously with laser focus on meeting all deadlines without fail.
- Confidence with stakeholders and project teams.
- Willing to complete tasks against budgetary targets, within short time scales and to a high standard.
- An absolute commitment to transparency and integrity.
- Takes ownership and accountability
Colt DCS is a growing business that is investing in its people. Our people are defined by their ability to make things happen and deliver on their promises. We offer skill development, learning pathways and accreditation to help our people perform at their best, regardless of role and location.
In addition to offering competitive salaries and incentive plans, a range of benefits and local rewards packages are offered to staff. Colt DCS recognises the importance of a work life balance.
Some benefit examples are:
Who we are
- Pension and insurance options
- Access to a virtual business school for on-going learning
- Business mentoring
- Discounts with local hospitality and retail providers
- Flexible working and relaxed dress code
- Two days annually to spend on volunteering opportunities
Colt DCS has a vision to ''to be the most customer centric data centre provider''. We have over 20 years' experience in designing, building and operating energy-efficient, reliable data centres - hosting significant financial, media, corporate and cloud wholesale providers across the world.
We operate 29 state-of-the-art data centres across Europe and Asia Pacific, offering 24/7 security and local language support. We are connected to a further 530+ third party data centres across our network and are able to offer private links into the major public cloud providers.
Privately owned, Colt DCS is one of the most financially sound companies in its industry and able to provide the best customer experience at a competitive price.
For more information, please visit www.colt.net
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to making Colt an inclusive and supportive workplace