At Arcadis, we never lose sight of what's most important. Because look beyond our projects and programmes and you'll see it's about human stories. From remaking public spaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate, we're focused on making an impact where it matters most - and improving quality of life.
It's a big challenge. And why we need people committed to bringing their best, who deliver on their promises. People who value different perspectives, build sustainable relationships and dare to shape the future. People who seize the experiences available to transform their world - and the world around them.
It's a shared goal amongst 27,000 Arcadians. And one we can only achieve by working together and applying our skills and expertise across design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. It's how we'll find solutions to our clients' most complex challenges. And how we'll deliver exceptional results, today and tomorrow.
As a Commercial Manager at Arcadis you will undertake pre and post contract Commercial Management services over the duration of the project lifecycle from project inception through tendering, post contract delivery and project close out.
About the role (accountabilities include but are not limited to):
• Implement effective pre and post contract Commercial Management services to maintain effective budgetary control throughout the duration of the Phase Delivery Programme;
• Undertake all relevant Commercial Management duties with compliance to Arcadis' Commercial Governance and Assurance policies and procedures;
• Undertake pre contract interface with Procurement teams to provide commercial input throughout the tender process leading up to, and following, contract award;
• Produce all relevant commercial data including Cost of Work Done (COWD) for the monthly reporting cycle and provide cost data in support of annual budget reviews;
• Work with the Project Delivery teams in managing the cost impact validation of change to enable the Delivery teams to deliver value for money;
• Provide periodic financial reports including cost forecasting, anticipated final costs, COWD, gross billing and current contract value analysis;
• Manage post Contract activities through to settlement of final accounts and internal reconciliations, to facilitate project close out as per the project budgets and project plan timescales; and
• Facilitate the delivery of relevant cost and contract advice as required and maintain a close working relationship with all parties in the Phase Contract Management team throughout the entire project lifecycle.
• Membership of the RICS or similar recognised body;
• Experience in Commercial Management of projects, including implementation of effective cost and Commercial Management processes that can be shown to have delivered value for money for the client;
• Experience of working on infrastructure and/or construction projects from pre tender stage through to successful contract award and post contract administration;
• Experience of contract reporting, payment, variations, change, claims management and final account settlement;
• Understanding of change, risk and contingency management processes under construction Forms of Contract (preferably NEC and ICC);
• Experience in delivering accurate forecasting, analysis and reporting;
• Possessing clear communication and stakeholder management skills; and
• Familiarity of the public sector policies, processes and procedures. It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
At Arcadis, you'll have the opportunity to build the career that's right for you. Because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals. And, as a 'people first' business, it's why we'll take the time to listen, to understand what you want from your time here, and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions. Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community. We have a performance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Other benefits include membership fees to join your relevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, flexible working and a flexible holiday scheme.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.