VA - Validus
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
Talbot Underwriting Services Ltd (TS1)Class Underwriter - Financial Institutions
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions.
Talbot (Lloyd's of London Syndicate 1183) is a member company of AIG offering both insurance and reinsurance from the London Market with offices and a local presence in Asia Pacific, London, Miami and Santiago. Talbot are leaders in the War and Terrorism, Energy, Marine, Financial Lines and Cyber insurance sectors. We also focus on additional specialty classes such as transport, political risk, crisis management, kidnap and ransom, contingency, property and treaty reinsurance.
- To underwrite risks in accordance with Talbot's underwriting philosophy and within own authority limits;
- To assist in delivering strategy and business plans;
- To ensure all underwriters underwrite risks in accordance with the Company's agreed appetite, authorities and processes;
- To assist in managing the overall portfolio;
- To provide professional, prompt service to brokers and clients.
- To comply with the terms of personal underwriting authority;
- To assist the Head of Division in ensuring that Underwriting Guidelines are reviewed and updated at least annually;
- To ensure underwriters with authority underwrite in accordance with personal underwriting authority;
- To ensure that business is conducted, processed and administered in accordance with the prevailing applicable policies, procedures and agreed service levels;
- To ensure that premium entries in Subscribe are reviewed and accurately maintained in accordance with applicable procedures;
- To act in accordance with all regulatory standards and principles at all times;
- To provide information and assistance as needed to ensure that other syndicate staff can carry out their responsibilities.
As Class Underwriter your experience and qualifications will include:-
- Underwriter or Broker experience is essential.
- Detailed knowledge of class of business products is essential
- Chartered Insurance Institute - Advanced Diploma is essential
- Educated to degree level preferred.
What can Talbot offer you?
In addition to your basic salary, we offer a generous benefits package which includes 25 days holiday; private medical coverage; a highly competitive non-contributory pension scheme and contribution towards a wellbeing activity.
Talbot is an Equal Opportunities employer and is committed to eliminating discrimination of all types and actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusivity. We believe that taking a more inclusive approach to all aspects of the employee lifecycle creates an environment that allows talent to flourish, more effective collaboration, greater productivity and strong employee engagement. We also demonstrate our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) through charitable giving and supporting our local community through a range of events and initiatives.
Talbot recognises the desire of employees to work more flexibly both in terms of hours and location and therefore welcome discussions in order to facilitate this where possible. We are committed to ongoing personal and professional development, and provide a high level of support in order to help all of our colleagues achieve their full potential.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.