We are currently recruiting for a Chartered Quantity Surveyor
to be based from our Belfast office to be part of our Rail ConsultancyBusiness. About Arcadis:
AtArcadis, we never lose sight of what's most important. Because look beyond our projectsand programmes and you'll see it's about human stories. From remaking publicspaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate, we'refocused on making an impact where it matters most - and improving quality oflife.
It'sa big challenge. And why we need people committed to bringing their best, whodeliver on their promises. People who value different perspectives, buildsustainable relationships and dare to shape the future. People who seize theexperiences available to transform their world - and the world around them.
It'sa shared goal amongst 27,000 Arcadians. And one we can only achieve by workingtogether and applying our skills and expertise across design, consultancy,engineering, project and management services. It's how we'll find solutions toour clients' most complex challenges. And how we'll deliver exceptionalresults, today and tomorrow. About The Role:
Working as part of a team for theEnabling Works Project, supporting the Arcadis cost & commercialperformance and reporting responsibilities. Manage and deliver Enabling Works Scope; liaising with externalcontractors and consultants, reporting to clients and stakeholders. Job Purpose:
The Senior Commercial manager willmanage the delivery of cost management of the Enabling Works project supportingthe wider BTH Delivery or significant components of larger cost managementassignments.
Responsible for delivering their scopeof work in line with various controls, and will have significant technicalknowledge and experience in their field. Specific duties:
- Responsiblefor liaising with all external and internal stakeholders to the benefit of theEnabling Works project to progress without delay, ensuring that all reasonablerequests are met in a timely efficient manner.
- Toassist in the preparation and verification of pricing models from firstprincipals for projects of moderate complexity, and can obtain, extract and useexisting Defined Cost and Schedule of cost components, together with obtainingcost data from industry recognised publications e.g. SPONS & BCIS to priceschemes.
- Ableto assist in the preparation of activity schedules, bills of quantities inaccordance with methods of measurement, presentation of tender and contractdocumentation, attending meetings, carrying out full tender analysis andcomparisons through to preparing the recommendation report.
- Interfaceswith the senior project managers, project managers and P6 planners to deliverprofessional and competent advice and support, to ensure that the project ismanaged in accordance with the contract, and meeting the required reportingdeadlines.
- Managesa programme of current workload in order that the Enabling Works projectreceives the relevant allocation of resource to efficiently commercially managethem.
- Assesscontractor applications, along with any changes, making recommendations,raising payment certificates and preparing general correspondence on behalf ofthe project managers to ensure that only legitimate payments are certified.
- Liaisewith the project managers to review and update the risk registers aligned withany early warnings.
- Identifyprincipal risks and opportunities, raises, addresses and resolves problems at aproject level and supports the project delivery team, maintain a schedule ofpotential financial implications for the various projects.
- Responsiblefor managing and reporting change control procedures within each specificcontract and ensuring that they are adhered to by all parties.
- Consideralternative strategies for dispute resolution of moderate complexity andprepare written arguments from a claimant or defendant perspective, makingrecommendations to key stakeholders on the preferred option.
- Assistin the coaching and development of other team members to share knowledge,increase team skill level and improve the standard of delivery.
- Analyseand review a range of data and documents to collate key themes and trends,using this analysis in conjunction with own knowledge to provide advice andmake recommendations to support cost and commercial management decision-making.
- Shareknowledge and provide insightful recommendations to assist service improvementand innovation.
- Interacteffectively and proactively across the project organisation, seeking to developways to support collaboration with the cost management function, and applyingtechnical knowledge to ensure projects can be delivered to meet costexpectations.
- Managerelationships and collaborate with other consultants, contractors and externalstakeholders, in order to ensure client satisfaction.
AtArcadis, you'll have the opportunity to build the career that's right for you.Because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals. And,as a 'people first' business, it's why we'll take the time to listen, tounderstand what you want from your time here, and provide the support you needto achieve your ambitions.
Whereveryou join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includesan attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and beingpart of a sociable community. We have a performance-related bonus scheme and anemployee recognition scheme. Other benefits include membership fees to join yourrelevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, flexibleworking and a flexible holiday scheme.
Webelieve that by working together diverse people with different experiencesdevelop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at theheart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our peopleacross six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ andRace. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
Qualifications Experience andQualifications
- Relevantprofessional experience, including of delivering significant Rail Projects andor Civils projects experience and client-side project delivery.
- Sufficientand appropriate Commercial experience.
- Musthave worked in projects of a value over £20m.
- Bachelor'sdegree or equivalent.
- Relevantprofessional qualification.