About Tt Games Studios
Responsible for the best-selling and BAFTA-winning LEGO videogame series, Tt Games Studios is in the business of delighting children and grown-ups alike. With 30 years of success behind our studio, and as a valued part of Warner Bros since 2007, we have incredibly exciting plans for future titles based on the world's biggest entertainment properties.
In late 2016 we were extremely proud to be joined by Playdemic, one of the UK"s most successful free-to-play mobile games developers and publishers. Their most recent title, Golf Clash, is a top-grossing smash hit on iOS and Android. Exciting news continued into 2017 as TT Odyssey was established, founded by some of the leading talent in the mobile games industry. TT Odyssey is the Brighton based, mobile-focused arm of Traveller"s Tales, designing from the ground-up a LEGO video game as a free to play mobile title.
We are always on the lookout for bright, talented and motivated people to join our AAA studio and to be part of everything we do, because we know it is the talent and dedication of our employees that has made our 30 years of success possible.
Tt Games Studios offers successful candidates a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Our work environment is inclusive, relaxed and friendly - one of the best things about working here is our fantastic people! We aim to support work-life balance, and some of the benefits we"re most proud of include: flexitime and other family-friendly benefits; discretionary bonus scheme; company pension scheme and life assurance. We also offer perks such as regular health and wellbeing activities (including on-site exercise classes), discounts on a wide range of company and partner products, free online training courses, complimentary fruit and a wide selection of drinks, social events and much more!
We expect high levels of ambition and innovation from our colleagues and an ability to flourish within the dynamic entertainment industry in which the company operates.
Tt Games wants our workforce to be more representative of all sections of society at all levels in the organisation. We treat all job applications equally, regardless of age, disability, gender identity or gender expression, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or any other equality characteristic.
As a Character Artist at Tt Games Studios, a division of WB Games Inc., you will be expected to work alongside Designers, other Artists, Programmers and Producers on a day-to-day basis, conceptualising and creating a wide range of characters for our games that achieve the production and quality goals set for the project.
You will be a passionate individual who takes your career in character art seriously. You will need to be extremely creative, but also able to apply logic and analytical thought to the medium. You will also be able to communicate your ideas well both verbally and in writing, and take pride in seeing your ideas come to fruition over the development process. Main Responsibilities:
- The creation and implementation of character art assets to a specific style specified by the Lead Character Artist.
- Setup of Characters both source and engine side as per Department and Engine specific requirements.
- Identify and enter relevant issues into JIRA, ensuring sufficient information is given.
- Ensure all content created is optimised appropriately for a multiple platform title.
- Work closely with all departments in pipeline to ensure efficiency and quality of results.
- Preparing assets for internal and external review.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Creating assets for publishing / marketing where required.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of documentation within the Character Art discipline.
- Providing constructive feedback on tools.
- Undertake relevant on-the-job training where required and keep up-to-date with industry advancements and technologies.
- Excellent artistic eye for quality and ability to achieve consistency in results.
- Excellent understanding and proficient use of ZBrush, Maya, Substance Painter and Unreal Engine 4.
- Development experience and understanding of the technical requirements and limitations of providing Character Art for use in an Unreal Engine 4.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Able to adhere to deadlines and effectively communicate risks.
- Practical and methodical approach to both technical and creative problem-solving.
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects / tasks.
- Flexible approach with the ability to adapt with change.
- Keen interest and working knowledge in emerging Software and technologies related to meeting the required High Quality of Character Art.
- Strong traditional Art skills.
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 beyond typical Character Art pipeline.
- Experience implementing and maintaining material pipelines.
- Scripting capability for pipeline / tools efficiency.
- Relevant degree or equivalent level qualification.