A career in our Assurance Transformation Centre of Excellence practice, within Assurance Transformation Services, will provide you with the opportunity to be responsible for developing functions in PwC that support audit engagement teams and audit quality efforts. You'll focus on enhancing our services related to data auditing, business analytics, visualisation and leveraging of analytic technologies to evaluating complex Enterprise Systems for audit and non audit services.
As part of our team, you'll work with a broad and diverse range of clients, providing you with exposure to businesses of varying sizes, industries and complexity. You'll use cutting edge technology working virtually on various audit engagements. You'll develop specialist Assurance knowledge and play a key role in improving the quality and efficiency of our audits and lead innovation in a range of areas, with an initial focus on pensions assets and liabilities, share based payments, and the audit of Tax.
The passion of our people, combined with access to the latest technology, helps us deliver the highest quality audits and build trust in society. We pride ourselves on our global reputation as a trusted place to do business, whilst giving our people access to the best opportunities and lots of variety through your home team, internal secondments and international assignments.
We've all experienced the impact of extraordinary technological change over recent years. All of our clients are impacted by digital advancements, and so our propositions need to respond to that. We're also seeing that our clients are changing how they work; increasingly working remotely and across multiple locations.
For PwC, this means designing an operating model where we'll improve quality, deliver outstanding value to our clients, and create a better experience for our people.
PwC Assurance Centres of Excellence (CoEs) are one of our key priorities to respond to this challenge.
As part of the Assurance CoE you will utilise cutting edge technology to execute delivery of more complex and judgemental Assurance activities virtually. Working closely with PwC Assurance teams from across the country you will improve the quality, efficiency, and innovation in the more complex areas of the audit, and have exposure to a wide range of clients from FTSE 100 to owner managed businesses across a variety of industries.
The work is location agnostic with the majority of work being office based, and as such we are looking for individuals to be based in any regional UK office (with a nucleus of individuals in our Manchester and Glasgow offices).
We have a range of opportunities available in the areas of
- Auditing of Pensions balances
- Auditing of Share Based Payments
- Auditing of tax
However the list of areas delivered by the CoE is expected to grow rapidly, in line with the firm's strategy, over the next 5 years. Which will create opportunities to experience new areas of the audit, to build expertise in more than one technical area and to support the growth and development of this part of our business.
The Assurance CoE will provide initial training and ongoing coaching and support on the technical areas you are assigned to through weekly lunch and learns, professional skills courses, and coaching from managers and activity leaders.
As a Senior Associate within the Assurance CoE you will
- Execute the audit in these more complex areas, in line with technical (both accounting and auditing) requirements and operating procedures.
- Have flexibility in when and how you work, utilising technology and best practice virtual working to coach and interact with teams of clients remotely
- Provide coaching and support to more junior team members.
- Liaise with clients to complete audit assignments.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with new and established audit clients.
- Work and liaise with other members of the audit team and colleagues in other parts of the firm as necessary to provide a high quality client service.
- Utilise your strong business awareness and sound reporting skills to provide insights to clients.
- Have the chance to give back to community and social welfare projects, often using your business skills.
- Have access to internal mobility both nationally and internationally.
As part of an Assurance CoE you will make a difference by
- Developing deep, respected specialisms in more complex areas.
- Working with and becoming brilliant, high performing experts in their field.
- Driving innovation and thought leadership.
- Helping drive PwC Assurance strategy, by shaping a critical element of our delivery model.
Successful candidates will have
- At least part completed their accounting qualification.
- A drive and aptitude to build deep accounting and auditing specialisms in more complex areas.
- A willingness to drive change by
- helping further define the CoE model
- embracing virtual working and other technology
- defining and leveraging our virtual working practices of the future
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, at all levels.
- Strong influencing skills.
- An ability to work under their own initiative, and under pressure.
- A willingness to build relationships with other PwC specialists to better provide a high quality, efficient and robust service.
- A desire to challenge the status quo.
- Demonstrable experience of working on multiple engagements at the same time and prioritising appropriately.
- Demonstrable experience of coaching junior members of teams to develop both technical and professional skills.
- Experience in applying professional skills in the audit of pension balances or share based payments is highly desirable, but a demonstrable experience of learning new and complex technical areas is more important.
This role offers the potential for flexible working. It is expected, at most, only very minimal travel will be required with the vast majority of interactions (with clients and core engagement teams) being virtual in nature.