Job description Resource/ Traffic Manager
Base location: Bristol AND Swindon (split site)
Right now, we're looking for an experienced, talented Resource/Traffic Manager
to join our expanding Service & Design Experience team, someone with a keen eye for design and a creative passion to develop and manage a best-in-class recruitment, on-boarding, rotation and pastoral care service to all our people. We'll need you to work flexibly between our Design Studio in Bristol and our Head Office in Swindon, with some occasional travel to London.
Service & Experience Design is setting the benchmark for exceptional member experiences at Nationwide. We're growing a best-in-class design and research capability to deepen our understanding of our members' ever-changing needs, expectations, and behaviour, putting design thinking at the heart of all that we do. We have a team of 70+ UX designers, UI designers, Content designers and researchers, and a culture we love.
Who we're looking for
This role is about making sure we have the right people working on the right projects, and that they are motivated, engaged and set up to make an impact in the experiences we create. It is your job to understand what makes our team tick, align their needs with both project and business requirements, casting them into successful high performing teams.
Our designers are diverse in their thinking and backgrounds, so you'll need to understand creatives and how they work. This requires empathy, listening skills and the ability to build good relationships, with them, their managers and the business, to make great casting decisions.
Equally you must be commercially aware, able to bring clarity to complex situations, and able to translate a range of needs into solutions with the people you have. Your ability to create these connections, find solutions to opportunities, and ensure a well utilised team is what makes this role both challenging and rewarding.
You'll need to have...
- A solid understanding of the creative and content design process
- Significant resource management experience, ideally within a Digital / Marketing / Creative function
- And/or a proven track record in creative design project management from concept through to delivery (working in an agency or internal creative team)
- A deep understanding of designers of all types and their ways of working
- Worked with resource planning tools, such as Float, Harvest Forecast or similar real-time scheduling tools in online production environments and understand the technical / functional implications
- Worked with third parties, such as recruitment and digital agencies and have supplier management experience
- Great organisational competencies, working in a fast-paced, multi-discipline environment, across multiple locations
- Strong attention to detail and ability to handle multiple, contending priorities simultaneously within an ever changing environment.
What you'll be doing
The Traffic Manager
will be responsible for maximising the effectiveness of all Service & Experience Design resources through management, scheduling and booking, whilst providing resource intelligence to ensure smart and insightful casting across permanent and contract resource.
You'll support the Senior Leadership in delivering a culture that supports the best place to work ambition through the lifecycle of a team member, from onboarding through to project rotation to new roles.
You'll do this by being:
- Firm but fair, with an ability to tackle situations and stakeholders at all levels
- Good negotiation and problem solving skills
- Responsible for leading the continuous evaluation of our people to ensure that all resource is used as efficiently as possible - the right people with the right skills working on the most appropriate activity to the agreed timescales.
- Accountable for the accuracy of resource forecasting and tracking tools for 100+ resources. Using utilisation and forecast data to make casting and recruitment decisions.
- Great at building strong, working relationships with our people, understanding how everybody is feeling, the experience and skills they bring, and their career aspirations to develop a culture of self-development and continuous improvement.
- Able to deliver clear and concise communications to ensure all casting and recruitment activity is represented at appropriate forums and meetings and creates a culture of inclusion, openness and transparency.
- Responsible for all recruitment activity for Service & Experience Design. Ensuring the pipeline will satisfy the demand, the balance of Permanent, Contract and Vendor resource is appropriate to react to all demand and updating key stakeholders on requirements and supply.
- Able to locate and onboard contractors/vendors and maintain a black book for future work in collaboration with the design managers.
- Monitoring the current casting processes and providing ideas to improve efficiencies and iterate
- Empowered to use your relationships, knowledge and skills to understand the casting requirements and cast high performing teams to deliver against them.
The extras you'll get
As part of our team, you'll receive all the brilliant benefits you'd expect from the world's largest building society. These include...
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we'll top it up to 23%• Life assurance worth 8x your salary• 24 days' holiday plus bank holidays (with the ability to buy 'extra')• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE Why work for us?
Nationwide is the UK's most trusted financial services brand. We're a mutual, owned by our members (not shareholders), and their needs are at the heart of everything we do. So joining us, every piece of work that you deliver will have purpose. We all share a passion for doing the right things the right way and working together to do the best we can for our members. In order to do that, we want to keep bringing new perspectives, diverse backgrounds, and richly varied experience to our team. And that's where you come in.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you'd like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
Interested? We'd love to hear from you...