Location: Grangetown - Sunderland
Expiry Date: Tuesday 25 June 2019
Permanent£16,120 per annum with yearly incremental rises up to £17,208 (over four years)*. 36 days generous annual leave entitlement (pro rata).Full time, permanent position (37 hours per week).Enhanced DBS paid.
Shift rota over 7 days, includes nights, early mornings, evenings and weekends.We are unable to name the location of this site because it is our Service Users registered home address. We are currently looking to recruit a number of Care Support Assistants to work within Adult services in the Thornhill area of Sunderland.
This exciting opportunity is to support the delivery of positive activities and learning opportunities for adults with autism, other examples of neurodiversity and / or associated behavioural challenges.
We appreciate that applicants may lack direct or personal experience with autism and neurodiversity, however, we have developed a detailed training and induction programme for successful candidates. This includes a comprehensive welcome to working at the North East Autism Society and an introduction to autism (theory, communication, sensory differences and behaviour).
If you have a passion for helping others, if you're willing to learn more about autism and neurodiversity, and you know you are someone who can really make a difference - then this could be the rewarding career you've been looking for.
Working independently and as part of a team, you will support young people and adults to access a range of activities. You will need to be enthusiastic, able to use your own initiative, have a drive and resilience for what is often a demanding role; and you must be people-centred with good communication and interpersonal skills, possessing a flexible approach to working routines.
In return we offer excellent terms and conditions. Joining our NEAS family will mean:
- Working in a positive, friendly, rewarding environment, building your experience and career.
- Dedicated support from our learning and development team who will work alongside you and your new line manager to enhance your career with our specialist training programmes. This is just the start of your new career!
- Having a hands-on role, valuing and supporting people. If you thrive on helping others, knowing everything you do is contributing to lives being changed then this could be the role for you.
- Other benefits include a Bike-to-Work scheme, pension contributions, an annual staff awards evening recognising and rewarding staff achievements, 36 days holiday (pro-rata for part time roles).
- Please see the job description and person specification listed under "documents" at the top of this page. Please use these in completing your application.
The North East Autism Society is a Disability Confident Employer which means we guarantee to interview all applicants with a disability who meet the minimum criteria for this job vacancy.
For almost 40 years we've led the way in providing autism-specific care and education for children, young people and adults across the North-east of England.
Recognised for our innovation and excellence, everything we do stems from an unswerving belief in providing bespoke person-centred support. It's at the heart of who we are to recognise the uniqueness of every human being, and to understand that no two autistic people, or in fact any humans within an understanding of neurodiversity, will have the same needs or wants.
We passionately believe that autistic children and adults have significant skills and strengths, which can be developed throughout their lifetime.
Our approach aims to support individuals to participate in society as independent and valued citizens, enjoying equal rights and opportunities but also enriching the world around them.
Please see job description and person specification listed under "documents" at the top of this page. Please use these in completing your application.
The Society is a Disability Confident Employer which means we guarantee to interview all applicants with a disability who meet the minimum criteria for this job vacancy.