Maintain the team's capital modelling processes and procedures so they remain robust, efficient and have adequate controls in place, suggesting developments as appropriate.
Produce high quality analysis of various capital modelling results, reports, projects or investigations to aid LGC's investment decisions and appropriately reflect LGC's portfolio within the Group capital modelling framework. Principal Accountabilities:
Production of Solvency II Capital and Risk information in line with team processes and under appropriate guidance, to deliver accurate and timely submissions to LGC management, L&G Group and the regulator.
Assistance with the review and validation of output from the Internal Model in relation to LGC assets.
Development and maintenance of controls and documentation, under appropriate guidance, to ensure the accuracy of data and calculations used for reporting and internal MI.
Production of analysis to support the calibration of appropriate capital charges in relation to existing and new direct investment opportunities.
Assistance with the development and maintenance of the overall capital framework for the LGC business division.
Maintenance of a timetable of LGC deliverables in relation to Solvency II reporting and governance.
Assistance with the assessment of regulatory, actuarial and accounting changes affecting the LGC Business Division.
Assistance with the maintenance of a high standard of governance of LGC's capital processes, in alignment with Group requirements and Internal Model Policies including:
- Internal Model Change Policy
- Internal Model Validation Policy
- Solvency II data management Policy
- Internal Model Document Management Policy
Supporting other teams, both within LGC and Group, with the provision of specialist actuarial skills and in-depth knowledge of LGC's business.
Assisting the team with developing new capital approaches and processes as required by the business and gaining necessary internal approvals for them.
Supporting the integration of capital management into wider Finance team processes, including the central planning and reporting model in Anaplan. Skills Required Requirements: Essential:
- Making good progress with the actuarial exams - typically the candidate will have passed the majority of the CT and CA series exams
- Experience of financial and regulatory reporting within a financial services company
- Experience of Investment Strategy/ALM/Capital Management would be an advantage
- Good understanding of balance sheet and capital drivers of a Life insurance company
- Good understanding of overall Solvency II regulatory requirements
- Good understanding of market risk drivers as they apply to a Life insurance company
- Initiative in applying problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good planning and organisation/teamwork skills
- Ability to keep calm under pressure and work towards tight deadlines
- Ability to take existing processes and document/improve/simplify
- Open, actively seek to discuss issues and share information
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and good knowledge of Word
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 22 days' (with potential to rise to 26 days) holiday, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
Legal & General runs a highly regarded Actuarial Rotations Programme for students, which you will be a part of. The role you are applying to is for a specific location, but to further develop and enhance your skills you may be asked to rotate in future to our other site. Our sites are London and Hove.
Please contact Stacie Burnett, Resourcing Lead - Stacie.Burnett@landg.com for further information.