The Business Systems Manager will support the development of SAP and tributary systems processes from a finance function perspective. You will be responsible for ensuring the finance systems meet the needs of the finance function though data governance, process improvement and system change, whilst acting as the interface between the business stakeholders and the IT function to ensure issues are resolved quickly and efficiently. You will collaborate closely with the Master Data Management team to achieve this, in particular your Guildford based counterpart.
The Master Data Management team forms part of Global Business Services; GBS has global accountability for the full end-to-end P2P, O2C and R2R processes in one centralised function and also offers many other value streams including Master Data Management and Data Quality. . We are establishing a hub of finance and data capability in Leeds to complement our facilities in Guildford and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and the business systems finance manager will be a key role in supporting the operation across all sites What you'll be doing
What we're looking for
- Lead the root-cause analysis of process and data related issues raised by the GBS, finance and the wider AI business. To be seen as the number one SME in GBS and the processes and systems that underpins it.
- Act as the interface between the business leads and the IT functional leads, triaging issues and working closely with IT team to ensure issues are resolved effectively.
- Take an active role in driving and delivering new developments to improve SAP and its tributary systems including defining requirements for enhancements / changes, managing testing and stakeholder communication. Plan / conduct / co-ordinate user acceptance testing for all system developments impacting financial systems, including the creation of test plans / scripts. Ensure all finance owned system projects are delivered on schedule to the required specification.
- Create and maintain the finance master data including cost centres, profit centres, GL accounts, organisational structures etc. Complete system integrity checks across core GBS applications and drive data proactive data cleanse where necessary.
- Ensure that the appropriate system / process procedures and processes are documented and maintained.
- Provide business / finance support and advice to the data warehouse team around management information requirements.
- Development and coaching of SAP SuperUser community, driving a best practice shared approach. Providing expert technical support to end users including delivering training, enhancement of training materials and periodic newsletters.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
- A qualified accountant with a deep understanding of core finance process towers including Procure to Pay, Order to Cash and Record to Report.
- A SAP Technical SuperUserthat understands how SAP hangs together, specifically finance transactions, tables and modules.
- Knowledge of how core processes function efficiently and securely in an SAP environment, including Financial Accounting (AP / AR / intercompany, etc.), Management Accounting (cost centres, cost reallocation, etc.) and Projects (timesheets, cost planning, etc.).
- Recognition of how master data structures interlock, and of the necessity of accurate and confidential data to drive business processes efficiently and safely.
- Knowledge of the ERP Organisation Structures, and an understanding of the ERP business cycle and integration of core processes.
- An excellent communicator, able to work with multiple stakeholder types to analyse, develop and deliver business solutions across people, process and systems.
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals. Division overview: Corporate Functions
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the business could not operate without all the dedicated work of our Corporate Functions teams. From Finance & Operations through Communications & Marketing, to HR and Site Operations and more, our Corporate Functions enable our divisions to implement ground-breaking digital transformations and crucial defence software.
As part of Corporate Functions, you will be supporting and partnering with our global business from the backline, being a strategic advisor within your specialist area, and ensuring the business runs smoothly and efficiently. We all have a role to play in defending our clients; and this is yours.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.