Business Planning and Health and Social Care Integration are key activities working across ECC to deliver results and bring about significant change, leveraging expertise and capability to achieve both ECC's strategic objectives and National objectives for health and social care
Working closely with the Heads of Business Planning, and Partnerships & Integration this role provides insight and capacity to support business planning & performance and the delivery of integration activity
With experience across project, stakeholder and business management this role will be responsible for a range of activities to support delivery of key projects, working collaboratively internally and with multiple partner agencies, and gaining an understanding of their governance routes. It requires a highly organized individual with the ability to plan and manage their work, anticipate and respond to challenges, manage time effectively across the two services and build relationships with key stakeholders. Service/Functional Accountabilities
• Work with the Head of Business Planning & Performance (ASC) to provide business planning, performance monitoring, and business management capability and capacity across the function to support delivery of ECC's strategic priorities and drive the implementation of business plans and improved business processes.
• Work with the Integration and Partnerships team to provide project support to priority, complex projects. Support ECC's collaboration priorities amongst external stakeholders and partners whilst ensuring the ambition for Adult Social Care retains a platform.
• Responsible for engaging with internal and external stakeholders to gather information and insight to inform current and future business planning and integration delivery to ensure that risk is managed and opportunities maximised
• Provide advice and guidance as required to ensure excellence in business practice including planning, performance monitoring and risk management to achieve exemplary outcomes.
• Responsible for supporting managers to ensure that activity is planned and prioritized with an ability to deliver based on capacity and capability to ensure outcomes and policies meet agreed service levels.
• Support planning and monitoring of the delivery of programmes and activities that drive continuous improvement to ensure high performing, sustainable and cost-effective services or place-shaping activities.
• Work collaboratively across ECC and with partners drawing on good data and insight, expertise, methods and approaches.
• Innovatively respond to new challenges and opportunities ensuring that risks are mitigated and managed, meeting all compliance with internal regulation.
• Support managers with the recording and tracking implementation of recommendations from internal and external audit.
• Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.Knowledge, skills and experience
• Educated to degree level or equivalent by experience
• Evidence of continuing professional development and knowledge in relevant business, process or professional area including experience in project management.
• Evidence of engaging with stakeholders and incorporating insights and intelligence into plans.
• Experience of working within a political and complex environment, working effectively with a range of stakeholder and partner agencies at all levels.
• Pro-active and innovative with a proven track record of delivery within timescales
• Experience of working with partner organisations to deliver a project of work where the drive and benefit varied between organisations.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on https://www.workingforessex.com/benefits Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success. If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0333 013 5888.