Business Development Lead (Manager), Digital Learning
Talent I People Advisory Services
People Advisory Services (PAS) harnesses the collective power of our Human Capital and People & Organisational Change practices into a new, integrated global sub-service line. With an enhanced set of joint people capabilities, we provide our clients with a set of integrated services and offerings solving their most pertinent people-related business challenges.
PAS has been identified as an area of growth as clients increasingly require advice in building their people's capabilities at a time when global demand for talent and scare skills is at its highest. As well as attracting and retaining talent, clients are also looking at how they raise overall organisational performance through the entire workforce.
This means building their capabilities, processes and systems in workforce optimisation, learning and leadership, organisational development and culture.
We're now recruiting for an experienced Business Development and Sales Manager to join the Learning Lab - a creative digital learning solutions team, to demonstrate real impact by driving sales growth and leading our Go-To-Market activities for EY's digital learning services. The post-holder will be required to collaborate closely with specialists within the Learning Lab, EY stakeholders and clients, to develop our digital learning offerings, sell our integrated services and grow are market profile. You will play a key role in shaping our Go-To-Market approach, ensuring sales materials and collateral are fit for purpose, work with client teams on major learning bids and lead on the sales of learning products.
We are looking for you to make a significant contribution to delivering the best possible client experience throughout the sales /BD process. You will add value by bringing a consistent, structured and robust approach, blended with soft coaching skills to challenge the teams you work with to think differently.
You will be part of a team who are focused on driving better win rates, whilst securing business on a win-win basis for both us and our clients. You will do this by clearly articulating the difference that EY offers compared to the competition, how it feels to work with us, the value we create and how our solution is relevant to the client and their needs.Qualifications: Your key responsibilities Business development:
Digital Learning Go-To-Market (GTM) Activities:
EY Digital learning products within the UKI business, including:
- Contribute to shaping the Learning Lab Digital learning strategy to grow EY's Digital learning market share
- Collaborate with Digital learning leads to developing a differentiated offering built on best practice
- Develop GTM approach for the Learning Lab, and own and maintain GTM materials to support sales and client conversations, including pursuit and proposal materials, pricing guides and other relevant support materials
- Establish and build relationships throughout the EY practice to drive digital learning sales
- Team with pursuit, business development and other EY departments as appropriate to develop stakeholder maps and client-facing activities that can be leveraged
- Utilise existing sales experience and network to generate profitable revenue by developing lasting relationships with clients, through business development and account management
- Support in developing and writing digital learning proposal content on strategic bids, helping us to clearly articulate our key messages to clients
- Provide effective challenge and coaching throughout the process to encourage teams to think differently
- I dentify operational improvement opportunities, proposing, developing and executing solutions on an on-going basis
Practice and People management:
- Contribute to shaping EY's learning product strategy and GTM approach
- Collaborate with Digital learning lead and key stakeholders from the learning business to shape a differentiated offering for learning products
- Own, develop and maintain GTM and marketing material for EY learning products
- Driving GTM campaigns with wider EY engagement teams to drive product sales
- Establish and build relationships throughout the EY practice to drive digital learning product sales
- Provide ongoing sales MI and reporting
Skills and attributes for success
- Identifies and discusses opportunities to delegate work to less experienced team members
- Provides learning opportunities for less experienced team members with agreement from Senior Managers, and reviews delegated work
- Provides timely, authentic and constructive feedback to colleagues and seeks feedback in return
- Assists with the integration and inclusion of new team members
- Be up to date with key technical and functional skills, and with industry, business skills & knowledge - and share this expertise with others
- Encourages development of team members though formal and informal coaching
- Reinforces our values, through day to day behaviour and critique disrespectful behaviour
To qualify for the role you must have
- Ability to manage multiple projects/initiatives and work to tight deadlines, with the flexibility to deal with rapidly changing situations
- Have experience in creative writing on proposals, across all sectors
- Be professional, quickly establishing personal credibility and demonstrating expertise
- Have strong personal impact and resilience, and be able to influence and persuade clients and stakeholders to gain support for major changes and key decisions
- Take a proactive and practical approach to leading and owning business development activities
- Be able to analyse complex problems and to deliver insightful, practical and sustainable solutions.
- Be skilled in facilitating and encouraging collaboration amongst team members, and is capable of motivating teams to maximise performance
- Be effective in recognising and managing potential issues during client assignments
- Effectively interact with all levels within the organisation, including Partners, by challenging, influencing and coaching
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and as a team player, working collaboratively, virtually and independently
- Experienced business development professional with relevant experience (5 years ) advising clients on digital learning, on a range of business change transformation programmes
- Demonstratable experience of owning and shaping GTM activities and successfully driving digital learning sales
- Demonstrated track record of building effective client relationships
- Experience of private and public sector bidding
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal
- Ability to think commercially and strategically
- Demonstrable ability to develop trusted business relationships with senior stakeholders; and proactively managing client stakeholders, including providing constructive feedback, influencing decisions, providing robust advice, delivering difficult messages and managing performance issues, up to C suite-1 level
Ideally, you'll also have
What we look for
- A primary degree and any post graduate degrees and professional qualifications in relevant subject expertise (Business, Learning, Digital) are desirable but not critical.
- Experience of working on projects gained working within a professional services firm, global consultancy firm and/or large private and/or public sector organisations
We have many clients from various sectors talking to us about how can they assess, attract and nurture talent engagingly in varying contexts.
We are looking for people who can demonstrate real impact within various areas of Talent for our clients. We require people who can build our service offerings, understand client needs, grow our internal capability and connect effectively across our global PAS to maximise our global knowledge and experience in supporting clients to build their talent pool. What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for yours and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes assistance for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is a global professional services organisation providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are dedicated to doing our part in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. And we are united by our shared values and a dedication to delivering exceptional client service
We make sure our people succeed. The networks you build and the experiences you have with us will help define and accelerate the rest of your career. Last year in the UK, nearly 2,000 of our people were promoted or progressed within their grade, and we are significantly increasing the number of partners in the UK. So, when you build something better at EY, we make sure you're rewarded.
Our People Advisory Services practice has over 10,000 practitioners operating within a globally integrated team, bringing their skills, insights and experience to support our clients.
Driven by our focused insight and innovation, PAS is best positioned to advise and influence our client's activities at senior leadership level to respond to the scale and complexity of how and where our clients work globally, making us the trusted advisor of choice to our clients and creating more opportunities for our people. As a result, we're continually seeking new markets, new perspectives and better ways to deliver value.
EY is dedicated to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Make your mark. Apply now