The BD Client Executive will be responsible for the following three key areas: Market & Account strategy leadership:
- The Market Segment BDL is expected to consistently inspire others through action in the marketplace. The GPS BD Client Executive is expected to have a close interest in Government and Public Sector affairs, maintain an active client network and take responsibility on specific, identified accounts. This may include serving as CSP on a large account.
Performing this aspect of the role will require a good knowledge of the UK public sector and sound commercial and business acumen.
- Advocating the Account Management Framework (AMF) with our people and focused accounts
- Leading external market activities in their account/s which incorporates building and owning target relationships
- Providing sales training and real-time coaching with client-facing emphasis
- Being an expert in the development and in market execution of solutions to solve key business issues. This requires an extensive and up to date knowledge of Service Line offerings and investments
- Driving ECS in every external and internal encounter which includes:
- Being connected to the Market Segment and its client's business agenda, leveraging the global EY network to connect our clients to the right people
- Being responsive to GPS clients' needs and seeking and providing continuous feedback
- Being insightful through proactively sharing relevant insights
- Participating in and driving the ASQ/ESQ process
Be an active member of the UKI BD community - sharing key GPS developments and leveraging key wins, market drivers and points of view from other segments of relevance/ benefit to GPS clients Pursuits:
Performing this aspect of the role will require hands on experience of complex sales and proposal development. Candidates will need to be familiar with structured tools such as Miller Heiman, Myers Briggs, Shipley etc and be able to quickly identify the critical aspects of a successful pursuit that ensures a high scoring proposal.
- Serving as a strategic advisor on major pursuits within GPS and their account/s
- Coaching and leading teams in the market on strategic pursuits
- Execution via EY pursuit tools, processes and methodologies
The GPS market segment is large and diverse. The successful candidate will be able to work across an account/s and have a good eye for detail whilst being able to distil the key trends and high level themes from performance data. The candidate will also be adept at operating through influence.
Skills and attributes for success
- Being knowledgeable of markets trends, issues, and competitive intelligence
- Supporting the Business Development Leader and MSL by drawing together BD, Pursuits, Marketing, Strategic Analysts and Knowledge within their Account/s
- Manage the account's business and assess its commercial health on the basis of forward-looking pipeline. Play an active role throughout the revenue and business planning cycles
To qualify for the role you must have
- A high degree of perception, with the ability to read people and an ability to communicate a message effectively
- Highly developed influencing skills to gain access to the breadth of the client organisation and influence internally in EY
- An opportunistic mindset and ability to quickly promote realization of opportunities in the market
- Strong team player/team management skills.
- Excellent relationship builder and able to utilize relationships to uncover and develop opportunities
Ideally, you'll also have
- Experience working within or with Government and Public Sector
- Demonstrable ability to build relationships and to make cold contact with senior executives
- Comfortable flexing style to manage key stakeholders across EY to sustain client growth and success
What we look for
- Experience in professional services firm selling complex solutions into Government and Public Services
- Strong understanding of key industry drivers and how these impact on client accounts
You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, plus an ability to build mutually beneficial relationships with clients and colleagues from a range of backgrounds and cultures based on knowledge, experience and personal values.
We are looking for a driven, organised, conscientious and analytical individual with proven leadership skills working with demanding and senior stakeholder within an ever-changing environment. What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world. Apply now. Qualifications: Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.