Who we are
PwC's Operate business delivers large operational and managed service solutions for clients to meet regulatory, risk and compliance challenges.
With over 2,000 staff deployed on large implementation and execution programmes Operatebrings together top talent with a distinctive mix of knowledge and skills.We support clients by providing staff augmentation services, delivering large scale operational programmes and managed solutions. We deliver our client work from a range of locations, providing our clients with cost-effective delivery, access to subject matter expertise and operational excellence disciplines for some of the biggest brands worldwide.About the role
Due to PwC winning exciting new work, we are urgently looking for Business Analysts to join the firm. The role is underpinned by technology which is used to provide our clients with accurate data reports. The role will therefore require an open mindset to leveraging technology in project delivery.Base Location
The role will be based in Belfast, however as a result of the wide variety of clients and projects, you may be asked to work in other locations within the UK and beyond, sometimes at short notice and sometimes over lengthy periods of time. Your desire and ability to do this will be discussed as part of the recruitment process. Candidates who are unable or do not wish to work on projects in other locations will still be considered.
We're looking for candidates who have varying levels of business analysis and data management experience. They'll support transformation and change projects for our clients, who are predominately within the financial services sector. As projects are typically carried out on client sites, our team member's work from local, national and international locations for the duration of client engagements.Responsibilities
The responsibilities of each role will vary depending on client needs but will likely include:
What is in it for you?
- Understanding the forms of data; unstructured and structure and pros and cons of each.
- Understanding of quality control processes
- Understanding of data reports and data visualisation (e.g. experience with data visualisation tools)
- Understanding of data challenges within the context of financial services.
- Experience of managing a team process and targets
- Preparing business requirements, documenting 'As Is' and 'To Be' processes and delivering process flows
- Assisting in the development and / or implementation of Target Operating Models
- Coordinating project input
- Writing process documentation
- Experience of making prompt and practical business decisions
- Writing and designing process maps
As we're responsive to client demands, your role will be varied and challenging, providing you with an opportunity to work with a wide variety of high-profile clients. We're also exceptionally passionate about providing you with the necessary skills, experience and training to help you develop both personally and professionally. You'll therefore be included on our specific Operate training framework, tailored to match your skills, needs and career aspirations. Fully funded by us, you'll complete externally accredited qualifications that will benefit you in the roles you are working in. Our training programme is further enhanced through a variety of softer skills training sessions focusing on your relationships and leadership skills.
In addition to the client projects and training, our employees are also rewarded with various other benefits offered as part of your employment:
Requirements of the role
- Our dedicated internal Careers Service.
- Competitive salary plus a potential discretionary bonus (performance related)
- 25 days standard holiday pro rata, with options to increase this through your benefits package
- A flexible benefits scheme that be tailored to suit your (and your family's) needs. Provision of a group pension plan with additional funding provided by PwC
- Demonstrable experience of Business Analysis in a corporate function
- Demonstrable experience of success within complex project environments
- Significant technical understanding of data frameworks, value cycles, business processes, business requirements and UAT methodologies
- Understanding of quality control methodologies
- Good knowledge of the MS Office Suite, in particular strong knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven ability to integrate well into a team and build relationships well with senior stakeholders
- Proven analytical and sceptical mindset with an ability to develop solutions to technical problems
- Undergraduate degree (e.g. BA, BSc)
- Previous experience of working in a regulatory driven change environment
- Previous experience of working in an IT enabled change environment
- Previous experience working within a banking environment
- Any relevant professional qualifications such as BCS Business Analysis