About Forensic Analytics: You will be using the latest technology, tenacious problem-solving and a wealth of real-word experiences to deliver tangible results to corporations, law firms and government agencies when it really matters to them.
Our Forensic Analytics
practice supports clients solve complex legal, regulatory and business challenges often analyzing 100s millions to billions of transactions and other data sources against some of the biggest issues and challenges facing the largest global corporations as they seek to re-build public trust, including; money laundering, sanctions busting, insider dealing, market manipulation, bribery and corruption.
We rapidly help clients establish an understanding of the scale of any issue, we take them through the journey to settle with relevant legal/regulatory bodies, we help them make-good any detriment caused to customers, clients and other stakeholders and lastly, we put in-place monitoring solutions to prevent issues reoccurring. You will be involved in all steps of the journey, from forensic extraction from client-side financial, ERP and core banking systems, to recreating the past using our cutting-edge cloud-based technology platforms, through to review and visualization of results with the client and their legal teams.
Outside client engagements you will have the opportunity to contribute to team building and the development of our next generation of innovative solutions in our R&D labs.
You will also be working closely within our Technology segment and getting exposure to a wider set of other technologies and client issues, including;E-discovery
helping clients manage the risk and cost of electronic document discovery and disclosure. From forensic data collection to fully managed document review services we collaborate with our clients to deliver strategic solutions tailored to their unique legal requirements. With keen focus on the productivity and defensibility of document review, clients rely on our comprehensive portfolio of software and services expertise and address matters ranging from internal investigations to large-scale litigation with global e-discovery requirements.Information Governance, Privacy & Security
providing the people, process and technology to deliver tangible business benefits for organizations. We help our clients to reduce corporate risk, cut storage costs, secure data, improve the e-discovery process and enable faster and deeper insight into data. About the Opportunity:
A Business Analyst in Forensic Analytics will have the opportunity to work on high-profile international engagements, working closely with clients, legal teams and senior internal stakeholders. This includes working across all components of an engagement from problem identification, data exploration, data science, visualization & review, user experience and outcome reporting. The outcome from a typical engagement could lead to subsequent legal settlement, regulatory fines and even criminal prosecution - requiring a high degree of accuracy throughout all steps of the engagement.
We are looking to hire a Business Analyst with specific technical skills in key areas to support our near-term growth: Primary Duties:
- Facilitate workshops and work alongside Senior Stakeholders to gather and document system requirements
- Translate requirements into user stories, ensuring that they are manageable
- Work with the Product Owner to understand the product strategy and the roadmap that delivers to the strategic outcomes
- Define acceptance criteria and definition of done along with the team
- Be available to the team to ensure clarity on business requirements are provided as needed
- Gather feedback to improve features and the requirements gathering process
- Work with stakeholders at different levels, the Product Owner, Project Manager and Systems Engineers to reproduce and help resolve bugs
- Monitor customer acceptance and engagement
- Preparing written analyses, reports, presentations, and interrogatories for third parties on the project scope and/or results of activities
- Collaborate with other departments in FTI or other Analytics colleagues in different offices
- At least three years' experience in Business Analysis within an Agile software delivery environment
- BA experience preferably with a Consultancy, Legal or Financial institution
- Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements into a technical solution
- Comfortable work in a team environment as well as independently
- Experience delivering SaaS solutions in a multi-client environment
- Experience of working with APIs and integrated systems
- Excellent organizational, analytical, written and oral presentation skills.
- Experience with web-based software analytics
- Experience with range of productivity tools such as Azure Dev Ops, Jira, Confluence, Mural, etc
- Experience with enterprise, B2B systems (e.g. information management)
- Consultancy experience and / or knowledge of the Legal or Financial Sector
- Lead the team to transform ideas into the artifacts necessary to deliver functional software to be delivered incrementally over several iterations. Accountable for the creation, management and prioritization of a product backlog that results in the required incredible outcomes for our clients.
- Be disciplined in agile planning at all levels, but particularly in the release and iteration level:
- Good story craft that maps the broader 'epics' and delivers targeted 'SMART' agile stories.
- Prioritization of stories to deliver incremental releases of value.
- Team learning and improvement - facilitate the team learning from achievement and failure. Continuously strive to do it faster, better and more sustainably.
- Drive the agile cadences that deliver the measured outcomes to Clients (eg discovery, backlog grooming, planning, retro, standup, deployment, showcases).
- Accountability - Holds self and others accountable for high-quality and timely outcomes:
- Celebrates their own and other's achievements
- Takes responsibility for and learns from failure mistakes
- Client focus - Makes clients and their needs a primary point of action.
- Innovation - Generates creative solutions, trying different and novel ways to deal with opportunities and problems.
- Familiarity with Agile and ideally using Scrum, Kanban, SAFe or equivalent methodologies
- User-centred design experience, UI design and web development with a focus on developing solutions for business users
- Knowledge of MS SQL working with enterprise databases
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits.
We offer a competitive benefits and wellbeing programme including private medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, income protection, flex critical illness cover, 5% employer pension contribution, holiday buy, discounted gym membership, interest free travel loans, paid volunteer hours and corporate matching for charitable donations, and much more. About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America's Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes . For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter ( @FTIConsulting ), Facebook and LinkedIn .
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.