What is the team?
The Workforce Staffing Research & Business Intelligence team is your opportunity to make an impact across multiple layers of the company and the hourly workforce as a whole. This team will lead and influence programs that will enable Amazon to scale more efficiently, while also providing a unique voice for the hourly labor population within Europe. Amazon's mission is to be the most customer centric company in the world. The Workforce Staffing (WFS) Organization is on the front line of that mission by hiring hundreds of thousands of hourly associates across multiple types of roles and businesses. To drive the continued scale of Amazon's labor needs within a constrained employment environment, and to improve the candidate/employee experience within Amazon's operation, Amazon is investing in its Workforce Staffing Research & Business Intelligence programs.
What is the role?
The Business Analyst role will be responsible for diving into the complex data sets and analyzing the intricacies of the system. The successful candidate will be an analytical problem solver, have an extremely high level of customer focus and a passion for driving improvements in the areas of data & analytics. As you further your career as a Business Analyst on the WFS team, you will remove barriers to the business intelligence teams need, support self-service tools and mechanisms, and identify opportunities for improved analytics. In this role, you will work with closely with the Business Intelligence Engineers, Data Engineers and different users of the data to dive deep into the data sets and resolve customer queries. If you are passionate about analyzing data, discovering and solving real world problems and building metrics and business cases to improve customer experience, love questioning the status quo, and enjoy seeing a tangible impact from your work, this is the role for you.
- Retrieve and analyze data using Excel, Salesforce, Tableau, and other data management/BI systems
- Efficient management of several ticket queues, resolving issues and engaging with appropriate stakeholders as needed
- Resolving issues quickly and effectively, including providing detailed explanations on a variety of topics
- Being a voice and advocate for our customers when something doesn't feel right
- Develop and maintain ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, and dashboards to provide visibility into system performance
- Provide analytical support to important initiatives in order to drive decisions and prioritize efforts
- Build queries and analyze data to identify trends, root cause issues, and system and process improvement opportunities
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- 2+ years of professional experience in analytics, measurement & experimentation, statistical data analysis, or comparable experience
- Advanced working knowledge of data mining using SQL, ETL, data warehouse as well as Excel
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Proven problem solving skills, project management skills, attention to detail, and exceptional organizational skills
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast-paced environment
- Travel up to 10% is required
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a business analyst/data analyst/statistical analysis role
- Ability to use scripting languages such as Python or R to evaluate data
- Experience building dashboards, reports, or tools through technologies such as QuickSight, Tableau, R Shiny or D3
- Understanding of data warehousing, data modeling concepts
- Experience with query optimization
- Experience evaluating data integrity