Experian are currently recruiting for Business Analysts, responsible for conducting detailed analysis and product/process design. Eliciting, business requirements to create outline specifications. Preparing feasibility proposals and estimates for internal and / or external design. Responsible for supporting the delivery of the project through Design, Development, Testing and Implementation. Essential Duties and Responsibilities Relationship Management:
• Stakeholder Management - Identify relevant stakeholders (clients, third party suppliers, internal team etc.) and their area and level of influence in each project. Manage the stakeholders and communicate appropriately to avoid escalations resulting from BA deliverables or processes.
• Requirements elicitation - Enable the definition of business requirements, prepare feasibility studies and ensure that products meet the needs of the business.
• Requirements management - Negotiate prioritisation requirements with Senior Business Analysts, Product Managers, Account Managers and Business Consultants
• Communication - Communicate programme of work (progress reports & future plans) to Delivery Managers, Senior Business Analysts and recommend effective corrective action.
• Customer Service - Pro-actively manage customer expectations through the Senior Business Analyst.
• Continuous process improvement - Identify measures to improve delivery and customer satisfaction. Project Delivery:
• Assist in developing business cases for proposed projects e.g. cost estimates, timescales etc.
• Manage detailed business and systems analysis and documentation of requirements, functional and non-functional and obtain agreement and authorisation.
• Hand over specifications to the technical teams so that they can develop technical specifications that meet the business requirements.
• Support the Project Manager and wider delivery team to ensure that everything within the BA's authority is done to meet overall project delivery to time, quality and budget.
• Create and maintain relevant artefacts as required by the project e.g. User Guides, Implementation Guides, Training Guides etc to departmental standards in line with the project plan.
• Ensure that all product and project documentation is complete and fully handed over to Operations and support service acceptance activities. Personal Development:
• Continual development through the identification and action of own Personal Development Plan.
• Demonstrate continuous improvement in performance and execution of the role.
• Understand and participate in performance management processes
• Actively contribute to a culture where the fair treatment of customers is at the heart of the Experian business. Take personal responsibility to ensure that you adhere to all regulatory requirements and apply appropriate controls in the interests of our customers. Essential:
Degree level or equivalent professional experience Desirable:
Experience in a business analyst role or similar in an IT Environment.
Professional certification (ISEB or ITIL) Experience
- Experience or background in software development projects and delivery methodologies
- A sound understanding of the software development lifecycle and familiarity with project management concepts
- A good understanding and demonstrable practical experience of the application of different business analysis tools and techniques and their impact on project success
- A software development or data analysis background or experience in engaging with software development teams and test teams is desirable but not essential