RS Local Branch Assistant Location - Birmingham Competitive salary with great benefits
Being a RS Local Branch Assistant at RS Components is so much more than a customer service sales role! If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding sales position, working as part of a great team then this is the role for you!
As a member of the branch team, you will have a natural talent to be able to communicate effectively with our customers. Your key responsibilities will be:
- To help identify our customer's needs and requirements and maximise sales by using a proactive face to face approach
- Utilise display and merchandising skills to drive incremental and add-on sales, and provide advice and recommendations for products and services
- Carry out product search queries and identify RS stock numbers from our supplier part numbers by using our catalogue, website and other technical data sources
- To pro-actively in acquiring new customers along with maintaining strong relationships that are already established
- Investigate, record and resolve customer issues from general and technical questions whilst advising on delivery options and dispatches
- To process customer transactions efficiently and accurately together with undertaking associated warehouse and stock management activities within agreed service levels
As part of the branch team you will engage in Continuous Improvement and share best practice with colleagues together with having a strong focus on supporting the Field Sales Team and other key support departments within the business to support the larger world class sales teams we can be proud of. What we are looking for:
- Previous experience in local inbound and/or outbound sales within a customer support environment
- You will need to be able to work under pressure in a customer facing environment to give a high standard of customer service, resolving any issues with customer's demands.
- Computer literacy is required - MS Office
- Excellent communication skills
- UK Drivers Licence holder
We are looking for proactive, dynamic people who are willing to work hard, willing to provide the flexibility that working in small/medium sized teams demand. People who are looking for the challenges that working in a competitive business environment will provide. What we can offer
The package (salary, bonus scheme, pension scheme, private health care and much more) that RS offer to its employees will make the job very rewarding and the training and development we are able to provide will give you the chance for a fulfilling long term career. We are RS
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture where our people get to bring their true self work every day and thrive. We recognise that a diverse and representative workforce is critical to our success, and our aim is to create a business where people can be their best selves. Our employees expect this as a matter of course and it is fundamental to how we attract, develop, and hold on to the best talent.
We recruit and develop employees who are the best suited to the requirements of the job role, regardless of gender, ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. We believe everyone should be able to bring their true self to work and be given the opportunities to succeed. If you require any adjustments during this process to ensure you can bring your true self, please let us know.
We recognise that we're not perfect when it comes to being a truly diverse organisation yet. However, we are passionate about diversity and are proactively working to build an organisation where everyone can see themselves succeed here.
Increasingly powered by digital technology, we're our customers' one-stop-shop for electronic products and industrial components. We began in a north-west London garage supplying spare parts to radio repair shops back in 1937 and we've kept transforming for over 80 years. Today, we're using digital globally to revolutionise the way we do business and strengthen our position as the people engineers turn to for help, advice and knowledge.
We're proud of what we've done, but we're not sitting back. We're always looking to make the customer experience simpler, faster and easier. We're transforming markets and the impact of technology. We've widened our services portfolio with innovations from procurement and inventory solutions to 24/7 product support.