Who we're looking for
Are you an established and motivated bid specialist? Do you have the confidence to challenge thinking, to advise and draw on your commercial outlook to contribute to win strategies? Can you share your experience of coaching people, helping to improve their approach and confidence to engage with our target clients? Join PwC.
The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of supporting the full bid cycle and will be confident in strategically leading and advising bid teams. They will also have experience of working closely with bid drivers, helping and supporting on the successful completion of proposals and meeting deadlines.
You should have experience of attending and contributing to kick-off/strategy meetings and proposition development, advising on messaging and content of proposal documents including design and production. As well as, planning and coaching on presentation preparation and rehearsals, and support and guidance on post decision reviews.
An understanding of the professional services environment as well as having client facing experience is important.
About the role
The role is part of the Bids & Proposals team and sits in the firm's North Sales and Marketing team. The prime area of focus for the sales and marketing team is to support the development and implementation of the firm's market strategy and in particular to deliver:
- Revenue growth
- Enhanced relationships and networks
- A distinctive brand experience
This exciting role provides the opportunity to work directly with and coach senior partners and to work with a diverse range of client teams to provide guidance, advice and support. A focus of the role is to ensure that the firm is bidding for the right opportunities and when we do that our proposals are best in class. That includes ensuring proposals are persuasive, successfully differentiate PwC from the competition and that we always deliver the best of PwC. A key part of the role will be advising teams, copy writing non technical content, editing and reviewing proposal documents, working on presentation preparation and identifying creative ways to communicate messages to our clients so that we can continually improve what we do and win more work.
The successful individual will also need to build relationships with senior management, the business and account teams on individual proposals.
Key areas of responsibility may include:
- Expert advice and proposal support from start to finish
- Working closely with Partners and Business Unit Leaders to develop our sales culture
- Supporting and advising account teams in all aspects of bid and proposal development and management
- Proactive innovation and creativity to deliver bids and proposals in different ways
- Carry out internal pitch team debriefs and conduct Post Decision Reviews (PDRs) with the client
- Bring the best of PwC by connecting teams with relevant people and departments such as Design
- Delivering tailored training and working closely with stakeholders to understand where training may be required
- Coaching, training and developing stakeholders at all levels
- Work closely and be an active member of the Bids and Proposals capability and the wider Sales & Marketing function.
You'll have excellent project management and coaching skills and an ability to think commercially and see the bigger picture. You'll need to be able and confident to provide your views and challenge and support teams in a constructive manner and build relationships across the practice.
- Experienced, self-motivated individual of graduate calibre with a proven track record in delivering proposal management and bid advice for high value proposals.
- Experience of proposal coaching, advising and proposals support with the ability to implement both strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Experience of drafting and reviewing written communications to deliver specific messages within tight deadlines
- Self starter able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Creative and innovative approach.
- Excellent proven project management skills.
- Ability to build and manage relationships at a senior level, as you will be required to change and influence senior stakeholders
- Proactive with a positive 'can do' approach.
- Emotional intelligence and an ability to flex style to the situation.