Who we are looking for
Are you an established and motivated Bid Manager? Do you have the confidence to challenge thinking, to advise and draw on your commercial outlook to contribute to win strategies? Can you share your experience of coaching people, helping to improve their approach and confidence to engage with our target clients? Join PwC.
This exciting role provides the opportunity to work directly with senior partners and a diverse range of client teams to provide guidance, advice and support. A focus of the role is to ensure that the firm is bidding for the right opportunities and when we do that our proposals are best in class. That includes ensuring proposals are persuasive, successfully differentiate PwC from the competition and that we always deliver the best of PwC. A key part of the role will be advising teams, editing and reviewing proposal documents, working on presentation preparation and identifying creative ways to communicate messages to our clients so that we can continually improve what we do and win more work.
The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of supporting the full bid cycle and will be confident in strategically leading and advising bid teams. They will also have experience of working closely with bid drivers, helping and supporting the successful completion of proposals and meeting deadlines.
You should have experience of attending and contributing to kick-off/strategy meetings and proposition development, advising on messaging and content of proposal documents including design and production. As well as, planning and coaching on presentation preparation and rehearsals, and support and guidance on post decision reviews.
An understanding of the professional services environment as well as having client facing experience is important.About the team
The Private Sector Consulting team covers four key industries including Retail & Consumer, Technology, Media and Telecoms, Energy & Utilities and Industrial Manufacturing & Products.
This role sits within the Sales capability, part of Sales & Marketing, PwC's centralised support function, and covers all aspects of professional services marketing, sales support and business development.
We work together with the Clients and Markets Executive to build and sustain competitive advantage. We execute our go-to-market strategy using our expertise, talent and assets to drive commercial outcomes, for us and our clients.
The Sales capability operates with a culture focused on client-centricity and our clients issues, ensuring we are operating with a commercial mindset and a consistent level of quality and excellence in all we do. We work together to ensure these attributes are present in all activities and interactions, every day.Your responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Providing end-to-end support throughout the proposal life cycle, including proposal management and advice, presentation coaching and obtaining client feedback
- Working with stakeholders to align support to priority areas and drive bid and proposal best practice, whether that's through training, reporting on key trends or other means.
- Supporting the client team to draft documents and collateral, including cover letters, executive summaries, team and CV information, and firm experience
- Reviewing and amending the proposal document and collateral
- Carry out internal pitch team debriefs and conduct Post Decision Reviews (PDRs) with the client
- Responding promptly to proposals content queries and building networks of SMEs across the Firm
- Proactively seeking new methodologies, tools and innovations to deliver proposals in different ways.
- Bring the best of PwC by connecting teams with relevant people and departments such as Design, Commercial Excellence, Resourcing and Risk.
- Work closely with Business Development, Account Management and Marketing to form a seamless value chain for our clients.
- Be an active member of the Bids and Proposals team and the wider Sales and Marketing function as a Sales professional who is an expert at delivering winning approaches and methodologies.
- Experience in a proposals or business development role in a professional services environment or other similar blue chip organisation
- Exceptional project management skills and ability to work with a large number of teams at once
- Excellent influencing, strong communication and facilitation skills in order to be credible and be able to challenge management and senior stakeholders
- Ability to build and manage relationships at a senior level, as you will be required to change and influence senior stakeholders
- A proactive 'can-do approach' is vital, self-starter mentality with sound commercial understanding
- Experience of drafting and reviewing written communications to deliver specific messages within tight deadlines
- Proven track record of bid/proposal management and bid advice
- The drive to deliver excellent client service through the proposal process
- Emotional intelligence and an ability to flex style to the situation.