Business Intelligence Specialist
Location: Based at our Head Office in Swindon, but with flexibility to work from home or another location for up to two days per week - dependent on delivery pressures.
Nationwide has recently embarked on an ambitious Data and Analytics strategy, transforming how we use data in the Society. An important part of this is the environment support for the technologies we will be using to achieve this, working as part of the Data Solutions team delivering key services to the Society around how our data and analytics capabilities are managed.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the End User Tools Team, providing environment support and enabling solutions across our SAS 9.4 / 9.2 Grid and SAS Viya, Informatica Axon and Nationwide's Advanced Analytics Platform.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you'll have:
• Experience working as a member of an environment / platform support capability, particularly in a Unix or Linux context• Experience in financial services or similar regulated industry (e.g. telecoms) preferred• Administration experience in two or more of the platforms, SAS 9 Grid, SAS Viya, Informatica Axon or Nationwide's Advanced Analytics Platform, which utilises R/ Python capabilities • have excellent communication skills, building trust across a wide userbase (1,000+ users), and building relationships and influence with Senior Managers, and external vendors
It would be nice if you also had:
• SAS development experience, across SAS Base / Macro / SQL, and SAS Base / SAS Enterprise Guide / SAS DI Studio clients• A good working knowledge as an administrator of Jupyter / JupyterHub / Python 3.x / R / Apache Spark capabilities• UNIX (ksh / bash) / Linux (bash) shell scripting knowledge• SAS 9.4 upgrade experience and knowledge
What you'll be doing
You will join as a member of End User Tools team, within the Data and Analytics Platform team, reporting to the End User Tools Team Lead, responsible for ensuring the team meets its accountabilities for the day-to-day operation, health and stability of the Society's Data End user platforms. You will be responsible for delivering the service and proactively identifying / resolving problem areas, working closely with other members of the team and third-party support partners.
While you will likely specialise at least two of the technologies listed, you will be able work flexibly across additional technologies, maintaining a baseline level of knowledge. Finally, you will be able to work with a diverse range of stakeholders, building trust with users of the End User technologies, other support functions around the Society (e.g. Infrastructure Engineering, IT Support or Desktop Support), and external vendor support capabilities.
The extras you'll get
Our people's success isn't based on how long they spend at their desk. While you'll have contracted hours, we offer a flexible environment. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours. We want to know how you like to work. And if we forget to ask, please tell us. We promise it won't affect your chances at all .
There are all sorts of benefits, including:
- a personal pension (most people put in 7% of their salary which we'll top up by a further 16%)
- up to two days of paid volunteering a year
- family-friendly benefits to make life easier for parents and carers
- 24 days holiday with the ability to 'buy' up to 10 days more holiday
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
- Personal development. Support and training to help you to excel and develop your career.
Work with PRIDE Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we're here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we're known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We're also the world's largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you'd like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.