Job Description:Job Title:
BFC P&L Analyst - EquitiesLOB:
The CFO GroupCorporate Title:
At our Chester office, you would be joining one of the largest investment banks in the World and the only Top Tier Bank in the North-West. In Chester, the Chief Finance Office Group (CFO) supports a number of essential trading functions within Bank of America. Supporting these trading functions is absolutely critical to our success as a Bank and the work we do in Chester has a global impact by helping multinational organisations, governments and individuals trade successfully on the global markets.
As part of our strategic vision for the CFO group globally we have selected Chester to be our Centre of Excellence and have been growing our teams by hiring more than 50 new accounting professionals from a wide variety of backgrounds in the past 18 months. As an organisation we want you to succeed and will invest in you and your personal development at all points in your career with us and you will have access to a dedicated internal mobility team designed to help with future moves within CFO and the wider bank.
When joining CFO you will support various businesses which trade a variety of products ranging from credit, interest rate and FX products in addition to Equity based products such as options & futures. The primary function of the team is to provide control and business advisory guidance to key business partners; Price Verification (PVG), Trading Desk, Credit & Market risk, Regulatory Group and the RWA team. This role is to support Equities Financial Control, which primarily runs the P&L explain and front office to back office reconciliations, as well as supporting the business.
- P&L explain which includes validating and potentially re-attributing the explanation of the one or more of the various Equities trading desks.
- Reconciliations and substantiation of balances to ensure the integrity of the general ledger.
- Daily P&L & Balance sheet reporting and oversight. This includes review of daily sub-ledger P&L, preparation of daily commentary and reviewing changes to the daily balance sheet
- Planning & Reporting including influencing business strategy, plans, budgets and forecasts
- Mentoring junior colleagues in CFO as we build out our organisation at all levels
Bank of America
- Good academic profile with a 2:1 at degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent MS Excel skills with the ability to build and use spreadsheets
- Demonstrable risk identification and management
- Positive relationship management and partner management ability
- Investment banking experience, desirable
- Knowledge of derivatives and associated products or a willingness to learn about these products, desirable
- Qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) or CFA with good working knowledge of accounting concepts, desirable
Every day, across the globe, our employees bring a commitment to our purpose and to driving responsible growth by living our values: deliver together, act responsibly, realize the power of our people and trust the team. A key aspect of driving responsible growth is doing so in a sustainable manner, a critical pillar of which is being a great place to work for our teammates.
In line with these values, in EMEA we have 9 Employee Networks , a wide range of Sports & Social clubs, and other development and networking opportunities so that you can enjoy a range of experiences and connect with colleagues across the bank. We also offer exclusive discounts to some of the most iconic cultural experiences for you to enjoy in your spare time outside of work. Learn more about our benefits here .
Good conduct and sound judgement is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment. Job Band:
H6Shift:Hours Per Week:
35Weekly Schedule:Referral Bonus Amount: