The passion of our people, combined with access to the latest technology, helps us deliver the highest quality audits and build trust in society. We pride ourselves on our global reputation as a trusted place to do business, whilst giving our people access to the best opportunities and lots of variety through your home team, internal secondments and international assignments.
PwC's Leeds office is currently looking to recruit several Audit Managers to complement our existing team as we enter a growth period.
With more than 540 clients and some 300 partners and staff in the region, the Yorkshire External Audit practice is a great place to build a career. We have a wide variety of clients from entrepreneurial start-ups through major public sector organisations to FTSE100 and large global businesses.
In this position you will have a key management role on Assurance assignments where you will utilise and further develop your knowledge and skills. You will gain exposure to working on a wide variety of clients and a wide range of work including external audit and financial due diligence. In addition you will also be involved with training, managing and coaching staff. You will also be encouraged to develop and use skills in the marketplace, building our business for the future.
You will be expected to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large corporate entities. Our clients are often well known brands, covering most sectors, and many have broad international reach.
Our Assurance services use the latest technology and off shore delivery centres, to reduce the level of manual testing required by our teams in the UK, ensuring our people focus on the most valuable areas of client service. We have a diverse client base and work as a diverse team, welcoming people from a range of backgrounds. We are an inclusive organisation who celebrates difference.
The role will incorporate:
- A portfolio of external audit clients where you will be responsible for the day to day management, client liaison and technical issues management.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with existing clients of the firm, understanding opportunities to assist with their issues.
- Reporting directly to the Assurance Partner and Director and having a number of direct team members report to you.
- Responsibility for the coaching and development of the team members reporting directly into you taking responsibility for the career development of others.
- Assisting with managing the staffing of the job, the financial performance and ensuring that key deadlines are met.
- Business development activities such as building relationships with target clients or involvement in proposals.
Essential skills and experience
As a Manager, you will be required to:
- Be ACA or similarly qualified
- Have experience of management of the audit from planning to supervision and review of the process
- Have flexibility in your approach to meeting goals as part of the team
- Have the ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels
- Have a proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships
- Take a proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions
- You will have experience of interacting with senior level clients and management to develop and maintain business relationships. Experience of IFRS, UK GAAP (including FRS 101/102) and international standards on auditing would be required.