Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. With over 18,000 people globally, you'll be joining a team of people who never stop pushing themselves to discover what's possible.
Do you want to get paid for gaining a masters apprenticeship qualification with on-the-job mentoring and learning? Would you enjoy solving problems and working with some of the best minds in engineering and design? If the answer is 'yes', come and join Atkins as an apprentice and get your career off to the best start possible.
With Atkins, you'll be joining a team who help to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas and by solving the engineering challenges of the future. Our apprenticeship programme will provide you with the foundations to maximise your full potential.
Bright sparks. Ingenious solutions. We're one of the most respected consultancies in the world. With the Atkins Apprentice Development Programme, you're in great company. Where could I work? Transportation
Minimum of a 2:1 honours degree in a relevant engineering discipline. ( Full details )
Further details of this apprenticeship can be found here . Your Learning Provider is currently outlined as UWE Bristol but please note this could be subject to change depending on availability .
Apprentices will work with a variety of teams, join us and you can expect to be involved in a variety of projects: Transportation
The Systems Engineering Practice works both in the UK and internationally (US, Australia and the Middle East). We help our clients understand and make decisions in complex situations; covering independent audit/assessment, technology development, engineering process, scheme development and design, construction and commissioning operations and maintenance.
Working here your role will cover a broad range of systems engineering tasks across the full project lifecycle including scoping, safety, design and development of the rail infrastructure delivering a holistic system engineering approach. Other aspects of your role may include conceptual studies affecting the future of transportation. You will be required to engage with various stakeholders, including discipline leads, senior engineers and project managers, suppliers and clients.
- Assisting major internal projects for Systems Engineering - including requirements (functional, performance and safety), engineering (planning/elicitation and development), modelling (system modelling, RAM modelling, reliability analysis, Safety Analysis), interface management, verification and validation
- Supporting the writing and implementation of systems engineering plans within timescale and budget for a diverse range of projects
- Assisting with workshop preparation and management
- Gathering evidence and chasing follow up actions from a diverse range of specialists to deliver system assurance on projects
During your 4 year apprenticeship, no two days will be the same as you study and work with a variety of teams whilst developing the skills you need to enjoy a great future at Atkins. Spending either one day a week at the college or doing block weeks. Not only will you learn in the classroom, you'll enjoy being part of the team as you will get involved with all kinds of projects and learn something new every day. What are we looking for?
What are the benefits and rewards?
- The ability to work in a team, assisting with the smooth running of a variety of projects
- Creativity and strong communication skills
- Vision, inclusive and the drive to keep on learning
- To be reliable, practical and self-motivated
- To use your own initiative
- To work across different locations on a variety of projects, constantly developing your skills and experience
- Be UK mobile to work across different locations on a variety of projects
- A lateral thinker who can apply technical knowledge to analyse problems, create innovative solutions and make choices and isn't afraid to push boundaries
For a full list of our benefits and to understand more about our apprentice community, please click here . Alternatively, if you'd like to speak to one of our current apprentices about our culture click here . How do I apply?
Please click the apply button now to start your application journey! As an equal opportunities employer we value applications from candidates of all backgrounds, cultures and abilities. For more information about our D&I initiatives, please click here .
We want you to perform at your best at each stage of our recruitment process and can make adjustments to ensure this. So, whether you consider yourself to have a disability or not, or would simply like to know how we can support you better, please contact us confidentially on email@example.com
For further details on our recruitment process, please refer to our website .
Our deadline for applications is 28th February 2020
. Some of our programmes are incredibly popular, to avoid disappointment (where some roles may close earlier) we recommend you apply as soon as possible. NB: This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.