Description AssociateTechnical Director - Environmental Impact Assessment Birminghamor South West England
At Arcadis, wenever lose sight of what's most important. Because, look beyond our projectsand programmes, and you'll see it's about human stories. From remaking publicspaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate, we'refocused on making an impact where it matters most - and improving quality oflife.
It's a bigchallenge. And why we need people committed to bringing their best, who deliveron their promises. People who value different perspectives, build sustainablerelationships and dare to shape the future. People who seize the experiencesavailable to transform their world - and the world around them.
It's a sharedgoal amongst 27,000 Arcadians. And one we can only achieve by working togetherand applying our skills and expertise across design, consultancy, engineering,project and management services. It's how we'll find solutions to our clients'most complex challenges. And how we'll deliver exceptional results, today andtomorrow. JobDescription
As part of agrowing and agile business, our Environmental Planning team is looking for anAssociate Technical director in our Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) teamto be involved in some of the UK's mostcomplex, iconic and challenging projects that are diverse and technicallydemanding.
These includelarge scale infrastructure projects, large-scale mixed-use development schemesfor both private and public clients, public realm and masterplanning projects.We also work on world renowned major transport projects across the rail andhighways sector, so we are looking for candidates who can demonstrateexperience on these sorts of projects.
We drivetechnical excellence in everything we do and promote a flexible andcollaborative environment supported by digital innovation. As part of the roleyou will drive the growth of the team, coach staff members to perform to reachtheir full potential and play a key role in the successful delivery of majormultidisciplinary development projects. You'll be instrumental in improving theenvironmental performance and developing impact assessments for a diverse rangeof projects
You will work ona wide range of projects across our business. And by getting to know ourclients and building a deep understanding of what they do, you will have theopportunity to apply your technical expertise in EIA's to our clients mostcomplex challenges.
As AssociateDirector you will also be responsible for the following:
- Service delivery across a range of EIA projects
- Lead EIAs and similar environmental assessments for a wide rangeof infrastructure projects in both the private and public sector
- Growing pipeline and work winning
- Influencing key stakeholders in the Arcadis business andexternally.
- Positively leading the team, developing capability and mentoringothers to support the growth of the service area.
- Leading exceptional client outcomes through service excellence
- Developing outstanding reports and communication tools - anability to summarise and explain outcomes to non-technical audiences will becritical for this
- Managing projects, overseeing our performance on technical,quality, commercial, and health and safety
- Cultivating insights and solutions, and innovating our serviceoffering with clients and with-in Arcadis
- Supporting Community / Non-project initiatives that positivelyimpact our ability to retain and attract top talent
- Experience of producing Environmental Appraisals, EnvironmentalStatements and/or Sustainability Appraisals with a good working knowledge of EIApractices and procedures
- Experience of planning processes and various consenting regimes
- Experience of coaching and leading teams on EIA projects
- Commercial expertise, including forecasting, project managementand quality assurance
- Ability to work independently or within a client office
- Desired: Knowledge and application experience of sustainability,waste or carbon assessments
- Desired: SEA experience
- Desired: Full Member of IEMA/IES and CEnv
AtArcadis, you'll have the opportunity to build the career that's right for you.Because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals. And,as a 'people first' business, it's why we'll take the time to listen, tounderstand what you want from your time here, and provide the support you needto achieve your ambitions. Wherever you join us, you can look forward to acompetitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary,opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community. Wehave a performance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme.Other benefits include membership fees to join your relevant professional body,employer contribution pension scheme, flexible working and a flexible holidayscheme.
We believe that by workingtogether diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovativeideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improvequality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&IWorkstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.