Overview Associate Level, Strategic Proposal Manager, Distribution (12 month Fixed Term)
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
The insurance companies of Chubb serve multinational corporations, mid-size and small businesses with property and casualty insurance and services; affluent and high net worth individuals with substantial assets to protect; individuals purchasing life, personal accident, supplemental health, homeowners, automobile and other specialty insurance coverage; companies and affinity groups providing or offering accident and health insurance programs and life insurance to their employees or members; and insurers managing exposures with reinsurance coverage.
With $150 billion in assets and $37 billion of gross written premiums in 2014* on a pro forma basis, Chubb's core operating insurance companies maintain financial strength ratings of AA from Standard & Poor's and A++ from A.M. Best.
Chubb's parent company is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CB) and is a component of the S&P 500 index.
Chubb maintains executive offices in Zurich, New York, London and other locations, and employs approximately 30,000 people worldwide. Role Purpose
To promote the Chubb proposition, maximise product penetration and generate profitable premium income through the effective management of a selected broker panel.
To play a pivotal role in delivering Chubb's business strategy into the broker community, recognising that our specific focus will need to be flexible in the fChubb of demands that prevailing market conditions create. Key Responsibilities
Be the primary individual in managing the Chubb / Broker relationship and be recognised as such by peers
- Profile producers and align with Chubb capability
- Stimulate the sharing of best practice across peer group and underwriting teams
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of competitor and industry activity
- Provide timely and accurate reporting to management when required
- Work effectively with all colleagues to generate cross-selling opportunities
- Maintain communication with Marketing
- Feedback market intelligence
- Be instrumental in generating suitable regional campaigns in conjunction with marketing
- Support Marketing activity in relation to segments
Achievement of tangible financial goals:
- Total GWP for branch, to be supported by input to:
- Price increases across branch portfolio
- Retained / renewed GWP
Achievement of activity aligned goals:
- Broker / client visits
- Submissions received / quoted on / declined / accepted
- Renewal cases / clients retained
- Managed through maintenance of Salesforce data.
Achievement of agreed product penetration goals through target marketing and cross selling Key Measures:
Key performance indicators (KPIs)
- GWP against budgets by key product line
- New business premium against budget
- Price increases over the branch portfolio
- Loss ratio against budget
- Visit activity levels
- Volumes and ratios for submissions, quotes, declinatures, conversions
- Broker performance (overall book, by product line, new business)
Establish and maintain productive internal relationships with the branch teams:
- Ensure regular branch meetings take Chubb in order to:
- Discuss case strategies as a team
- Communicate activity
- Review broker performance and issues as a team
- Monitor branch performance
- Be an integral part of the quoting process by supporting the prevailing underwriting strategy and professionally presenting both new and renewal quotes, as appropriate, to the broker / client base
Develop and implement functional broker strategies that will:
- Support the achievement of the ' key accountabilities'
- Increase Chubb Brand Awareness
- Ensure that new business is proactively sourced and developed
To work within the framework of Chubb ethical and service standards Professional :
- ACII desirable but not essential. Sales or marketing biased qualifications would also be attractive
- Graduate desirable, but not essential. Ideally minimum of A level education but any business based qualifications would be attractive.
- Extensive commercial insurance with either an insurer or broker background. Previous experience in broker relationship management would be an advantage together with the ability to provide examples of strategic creation and delivery.
London - Leadenhall Job Function:
Sales & Marketing Employment Type:
Fixed Term Contractor (FTC)
Join Our Talent Network
We came a long way in a very short space of time.