Associate, Innovation Lab Job Code:
1137708 Skill Band:
United Kingdom - London Type:
FTC Date Posted:
10 Jun 2019 Innovation Lab Associate (6month FTC) One Lime Street, London About Us
Lloyd's is creating an Innovation Lab to maintain Lloyd's profitability and relevance in a changing and challenging environment, and to showcase the spirit of innovation at Lloyd's. The Lab will be located in the Lloyd's Building and will create a fast-track, fast-fail environment where ideas focused on finding solutions for Lloyd's challenges and creating opportunities for profitable growth can be developed to proof of concept stage.
Lloyd's is partnering with a company (to be assigned) who will assist in establishing and managing day to day operation of the Lab, as well as source teams/start-ups to populate the Lab and to progress their ideas.
Lloyd's now requires a creative, curious and technically/insurance-oriented Lab Associate to support the Innovation Lab Senior Manager and Head of Innovation to deliver a successful Lab experience for teams working in the Lab and Lloyd's Market practitioners supporting and contributing to the work of the Lab and to co-ordinate all aspects of the day-to-day running of the Lab. The Role
Working in close collaboration with the partner company, to ensure the successful operation of Lloyd's Innovation Lab, coordinating the involvement of all internal and external stakeholders and the governance of the Lab and being Lloyd's on the ground support and adviser to teams in the Lab and sponsoring market participants. What Will You Do?
What You'll Need
- Support the Innovation Lab Senior Manager in working with the Provider to co-ordinate appropriate mentoring and technical support for the Lab teams from the Market, the Corporation and other third parties as required.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with all key stakeholders.
- Drawing on technical knowledge produce concise, accurate and complete minutes of Innovation Steering Committee and other key meetings.
- Co-ordinate all administration activities (meetings, minutes, actions, diary management etc.) to support the smooth running of the Lab.
- Organise events (on a small and large scale) to promote the Lab and provide on-site logistical support for the Lab including event set up, badges, overseeing catering, Audio Visual set up etc.
- To support the Innovation Lab Senior Manager to ensure appropriate tools, skills, facilities and support structures are in place to enable the Lab teams to develop proofs of concept.
- To support the Innovation Lab Senior Manager in working with the provider and other key stakeholders to arrange demos of proofs of concept and pilots of concepts emerging from the Lab.
- To support the liaison with Lloyd's and the provider's Communications and Marketing teams on internal and external Comms, Lab team Comms as well as brand and marketing.
- To support the management of the Lab Innovation Showcase area which will feature the latest cutting edge innovation and work of the Lab.
- To support the administration of the ideas pipeline and resource allocation.
- Support the Innovation Lab Senior Manager with all aspects of Lab administration.
- Team Immediate team comprises of Lloyd's Head of Innovation and Innovation Lab Senior Manager the Lab Provider
- Budget Supporting the Investment Steering Committee/Monthly Reporting Financial Authority Limits - nil
The Innovation Lab Associate should ideally have an insurance background and understand the challenges that the Lloyd's Market currently faces and be interested in the opportunities that innovation can bring.
This job requires a blend of stakeholder management, relationship management, planning and organisation, insurance business acumen, technical know-how and flexibility as well as sustained curiosity. This role will extend Lloyd's technical horizon through the investigation of innovative and disruptive approaches for important long-term Lloyd's use cases
The Innovation Lab Associate must be:
As the successful candidate, you can expect to be rewarded with a competitive salary, an enviable range of benefits.
- Able to communicate enthusiastically on Lab projects and express her/his point of view (written and oral) in a clear and compelling manner across diverse groups including senior stakeholders and Lab visitors, as well as supporting the Lloyd's Communication team and Data Lab team as required on Lab related queries
- Comfortable with managing a number of stakeholders and organising and planning large scale events to promote the Lab
- Comfortable in responding to urgent ad hoc queries and requests
- Relationship/stakeholder Management
- An established track record of planning and organising
- Event planning including facilities and passes
- Experience of working in (or with) a corporate environment, financial services sector or other highly regulated industries
- Experience in positions requiring high profile co-ordination
- Experience of delivering in a fast paced environment
- Proactive, excellent organisational skills, high attention to details and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly build a network of contacts inside the corporation and with suppliers and providers as needed.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Collaborative and engaging working style with the ability to work independently as well as working with a team
- Highly organised, able to respond to changing priorities, rapidly assimilate new information and work to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to help members of the Lab staff to troubleshoot wide-ranging problems
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Awareness of key industry data, technology and business trends
To apply, please visit www.lloyds.com
We are committed to flexible working, therefore if you would like to consider this as a part-time opportunity, please email email@example.com
A t Lloyd's we believe that innovation comes from having an inclusive culture of equality and diversity. We use ClearTalents to discover how we might help you feel welcomed, supported and able to do as well as you can when applying to work for us, including identifying any reasonable adjustments that we may need to make. Should you feel that you require reasonable adjustments during your application process we request that you please follow this link to create a ClearTalents user profile: