UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Europe S.A. (U.K. Branch) & American International Group UK Ltd
Group A&H Assistant Underwriter
Your Future Team
AIG's underwriters develop insurance solutions that address the exposures of companies and individuals, and embody AIG's tradition of innovation, bringing to market groundbreaking insurance solutions for our changing world. AIG's underwriters help to find insurance solutions for risks from a range of areas including life insurance, aviation, financial lines, casualty, environmental, catastrophic events, high net worth individuals, and boardroom liabilities.
The UK Accidental and Health business is a market leader in the A&H product arena as well as an important growth engine for the broader UK business. It comprises two core areas Group and Individual. Within the group arena the UK business continues to grow year on year; driven by growing facility business and manual case underwriting. The UK group business is able to differentiate in a crowded market through its multinational capability, claims service, underwriting experience and unique travel assistance business.
Your Contribution at AIG
This role is pivotal in supporting and driving continued profitable growth for this business through a blend of business development and underwriting acumen. This role will be able to use the large internal network of AIG in the UK to develop opportunities as well as being a presence in the market. The successful candidate will need to develop and embed an innovative approach to business development, promoting sales growth through new and existing brokers as well as having a clear client proposition.Responsibilities
This role is a support role for the Underwriters within the group team. Key support areas include
Accountabilities for the role:
- Handling mid-term adjustments within agreed authority;
- Resolving queries within agreed authority;
- Maintenance of internal reports
- Booking support
- Supporting the Underwriters on more complex and/or non-standard cases within agreed authority;
- Producing documentation within company guidelines.
- Assist in shaping and developing AIG underwriting policies, practices and procedures.
- Work to improve customer experience working within agreed internal/external SLA's.
- Timeliness and quality of query resolution
- Level of product and system(s) knowledge
- Ability to sure all relevant systems are updated in timely manner
- Quality of service to brokers
- Ability to meet SLAs
- Ability to produce reports
- Willingness and ability to be trained and to develop underwriting skills
- Adhere to Underwriting Authority, Business Rules and Guidelines at all time
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.