Are you ready to take the next step up the journalism career ladder on one of the UK's top showbiz websites?Daily Star Online
is looking for an Assistant TV and Showbiz Editor to help our dynamic team grow.
You will be responsible for driving traffic across our TV and showbiz sections and leading a team of hungry and keen reporters and editors in ensuring the Daily Star stays at the forefront of entertainment news.
You will have a major role in shaping and setting the agenda on issues read by millions of people around the world every day.
We are looking for an experienced, committed and versatile journalist who can lead by example, foster good relationships with colleagues and contacts and drive traffic to new heights.
This role will be predominantly home based with some flexibility to work in the office (Canary Wharf, London).So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.Key Responsibilities
What will the role involve?
The Ideal Candidate What are we looking for?
- Help lead a team of reporters to produce the best content in Fleet Street
- Take charge and lead coverage on major breaking stories both domestic and foreign
- Find and develop stories that will appeal to a UK and global web audience
- Break exclusives to ensure Daily Star Online stays a step ahead of our rivals
- Sub-edit and manage copy to ensure it is accurate and attention grabbing
- Nurture and support more junior members of the team to get the best out of them
- Be able to work under pressure and produce content containing the best words, pictures and video
- Work seamlessly with other departments to ensure the Daily Star is at the forefront of showbiz
- Forward plan for key events
Package Description What can we offer you?
- At least 18 months' senior experience at a national or regional title
- First rate communication skills, both written and verbal
- A team player willing to dig in and support those around them on all departments
- A proven love of showbiz and a flair for finding the right lines and knowing what is an eye-catching headline
- Excellent web and social media skills. - Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while working across multiple stories
- Exceptional media law knowledge
- A flexible approach to work
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum when you join. After three, five and ten years' service with Reach, you'll accrue one additional day of annual leave
- Defined progression pathway
- Enhanced Maternity, Partner and Shared Parental Leave benefits
- Contributory pension scheme
- Share save scheme
- Simply Health Cash Plan
- A brilliant induction and learning hub
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Technology purchase scheme
- Car purchase scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Lots of high street discounts
- Huge focus on Diversity & Inclusion. We have launched 6 networks to drive diversity at work and an inclusive environment, and to give you a voice. We hold panel events with internal and external guest speakers, and provide some really useful resources.
- Huge focus on your wellbeing. Free wellbeing apps and confidential coaching support, with access to free healthcare advice and counselling (available to your and your immediate family members who live in the same household). Some services are available 24/7 via call and live chat.
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.