For over 50 years we have used our imagination to create the best places, state-of-the-art buildings, thriving communities and ingenious infrastructure solutions. Our journey has taken us across the globe, from Australia to Asia, the Americas and Europe. And along the way we have set new standards by challenging conventional thinking for the better. What makes us different is that we understand and can deliver the whole process - or just part of it - from Investment to Development to Construction.
But most importantly, with everything we do, we leave a positive sustainable legacy for future generations to enjoy...
Lendlease Consulting focuses on the Client representative services of Project Management, Cost Management and Principal Design, the Consulting group at Lendlease has a proven track record of delivering a high-quality bespoke service at every stage of the project life cycle. Our commitment to achieving excellence in performance and the very best outcomes are at the forefront of everything we do, and as a result, we are a trusted partner of choice for some of the country's leading companies and institutions.
We now have exciting opportunity for Assistant Project Managers within the built environment
to join our dedicated team in Consulting. As an Assistant Project Manager at Lendlease Consulting, you will, you will conduct research, analysis and consultancy services to ensure timely and accurate delivery of project and program management operations.Accountabilities:
- Supporting various project delivery activities with the assigned project on a day-to-day basis, including issue resolution, progress reporting, risk management, budget management and on-schedule achievement of project deliverables.
- Identifying emerging issues, risks, problems or variance to the agreed project objectives, plan, budget and scope. Where appropriate, providing recommendations on potential courses of action and escalating to the Project Manager.
- Supporting the Project Manager in their project reporting and governance accountabilities, including progress reporting, risk and issue management, budget and financial management, planning and scheduling, and document control.
- Building effective relationships with project sponsors and other key stakeholders.
- Assisting in the management of external contractors/suppliers with accountability for discrete aspects of the works whilst working in a collaborative manner with contractors and stakeholders.
- Attend the various rail sites to monitor Contractor progress against programme and quality. Supervise works as necessary and undertake any necessary safety critical works as agreed with your line manager.
- Tertiary qualifications in cognate (project management and/or construction related discipline), non-cognate degree or equivalent professional experience / apprenticeship, combined with a demonstrable intermediate level of role knowledge.
- Knowledge of consultancy, construction, infrastructure and property industries and an understanding of estimating, scheduling, contracts administration, procurement, commercial controls and reporting.
- Problem solving and analytical skills for resolving planning, estimating, contract administration and procurement issues within construction and design activities.
- Good interpersonal skills to prepare reports, negotiate and build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Interpersonal Ability, Influencing and Negotiation, Problem Solving and Analytical Thinking, Technology and Process, Verbal Communication, Written Communication.
We aspire to create a diverse workforce by recruiting suitably qualified candidates from a range of backgrounds regardless of age, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin or colour, sex, trans- gender status, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marital or civil partnership, or any other group who face disadvantage in our society. As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity we have invested in the external verification for equality, diversity and inclusion and have achieved the Equality Assured Standard accreditation and the National Equality Standard.
We particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who self-identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled.
We build careers, develop skills and invest in people. Imagine what more you can do here.
L endlease is committed to being a diverse and inclusive employer of choice by engaging, enabling and empowering our people. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Inclusion sets us all up for success and we particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who self-identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled.