We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Project Managers (Fixed Term Contract 12 Months & Permanent)
to work on the on theinternal fit out packages of this major construction project in Glen Parva, Leicestershire.
Applies intermediate knowledge in a specialist stream of Assistant Project Management and advanced knowledge of several operational practices, to issues of differing complexity (routine to varied), where problem-solving can be required on difficult problems. Exercises independent judgement within defined practices and procedures. May instruct or coach others, direct projects or assignments. Accountabilities:
- Determine project management, technical services and external resources required for the project on an individual and team basis (e.g. additional services).
- Collaboratively work with the construction manager / delivery team and/or external resources to ensure the successful delivery of the project in line with all stakeholders' expectations communicating strategies to the team.
- Manage consultant team and project stakeholders to ensure effective completion of responsibilities including project brief/scope, fees, processing claims, deliverable and / or project variations etc.
- Display strong communication and negotiation skills to support the client/customer focus.
- Ensure the conversion program is maintained and all submissions are completed within the agreed milestone, being proactive with acceleration measures should the program slip.
- Produce design and authorities programme to be integrated with procurement and delivery programme.
- Manage the timely delivery to programme for the concept, schematic, detailed design and design development in accordance with the overall delivery program and agreed project milestones.
- Assist with the timely sequencing / methodology and production of stating plans. ;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in a project management and/or construction related discipline, combined with a demonstrable intermediate level of role knowledge.
- Knowledge of Construction and Property industries and an understanding of estimating, scheduling, field supervision, contracts administration, procurement, financial controls and reporting.
- Problem solving and analytical skills for resolving planning, estimating, contract administration and procurement issues within construction and design activities.
- Good interpersonal skills to prepare reports, negotiate and build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Interpersonal Ability, Influencing and Negotiation, Problem Solving and Analytical Thinking, Technology and Process, Verbal Communication, Written Communication.
We aspire to create a diverse workforce by recruiting suitably qualified candidates from a range of backgrounds regardless of age, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin or colour, sex, trans- gender status, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marital or civil partnership, or any other group who face disadvantage in our society. As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity we have invested in the external verification for equality, diversity and inclusion and have achieved the Equality Assured Standard accreditation and the National Equality Standard.
We particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who self-identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled.
L endlease is committed to being a diverse and inclusive employer of choice by engaging, enabling and empowering our people. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Inclusion sets us all up for success and we particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who self-identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled.