LG - Legal, Regulatory & Gov't Affairs
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Asset Management (Europe) Limited
AIG Investments, a global institutional asset management organisation, is seeking a structured finance and capital markets lawyer for the position of Assistant General Counsel, resident in its London office. The lawyer will report to a Managing Director, Associate General Counsel of AIG Asset Management (Europe) Limited.
The lawyer's primary role will be to advise AIG Asset Management (Europe) Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the U.K. Financial Conduct Authority and is the non-U.S. arm of AIG Investments, with respect to structured finance and capital markets transactions, initially under the guidance of a more senior in-house investments lawyer. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Participating actively in the formulation and negotiation of new structured finance, securitisation and/or capital markets transactions and the amendment, termination, novation or other maintenance of existing transactions;
- Reviewing documents and instruments governing the rights and remedies with respect to structured finance, securitisation and capital markets transactions of AIG Investments' clients;
- Advising AIG Investments in its capacity as an investment manager for affiliates that are parties to, or investors in, structured finance, securitisation and/or capital markets transactions;
- Reviewing proposed vendor and other third-party contracts, inter-company agreements and other documents as required by business needs;
- Ensuring AIG Investments' compliance with all internal policies and relevant contractual and fiduciary responsibilities, including to clients, counterparties and other stakeholders;
- Advising AIG Asset Management (Europe) Limited with respect to corporate governance and regulatory matters;
- Managing all aspects of relationships with external counsel, financial advisors and other professionals representing AIG Investments and its clients;
- Working closely and cooperatively with all AIG Investments' business teams and other AIG lawyers in order to promote effective and efficient processes and successful results; and
- Contributing to the AIG Global Legal, Compliance and Regulatory Department's broader goals and projects, and developing expertise in other legal matters as required by business needs.
The candidate must be a qualified solicitor in the U.K. (or alternatively, admitted to the bar of one or more U.S. States, preferably New York) and have 4+ years (PQE) of major law firm experience, with demonstrated experience in structured finance, securitisation and capital markets transactions.
AIG Investments is interested in candidates who have a keen understanding of, and appreciation for, finance and credit markets, demonstrated business acumen and a strong corporate legal background. Top academic credentials, excellent oral and written communication skills, organisational skills, the ability to balance a varied workload of shifting priorities, maturity, judgment and poise are requirements for this position.
AIG Investments prides itself on fostering and maintaining a professional, friendly, creative and supportive work environment. This is a client-facing role that is fully integrated with the business. Accordingly, through her or his example, the successful candidate will be expected to take ownership of, and help to promote, AIG's positive business culture.
The lawyer will work at the AIG Investment's office in the City of London. AIG will not assist with relocation costs. Compensation (including salary and bonus) and benefits will be competitive, commensurate with experience.
About AIG Investments
AIG Investments is a global investment management organisation and is the primary asset management group within American International Group, Inc. AIG Investments manages in excess of U.S. $320 billion in assets worldwide.
The AIG Investments' legal group provides legal services and advice to AIG business teams and affiliates worldwide.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.