Assistant Director (IT) Transaction Strategy and Execution - EY Parthenon
EY's market leading Transaction Strategy and Execution (TSE) team provides IT & Operations advice to corporate and private equity firms who intend to acquire, divest or restructure businesses. The team comprises advisors with specialist commercial, operations, IT and deal / transaction experience from industry, advisory and audit backgrounds. The opportunity
We are seeking to further expand our team with IT consultants who work across a range of sectors that include Private Equity, Digital and Telecoms. As an Assistant Director in our team, you'll advise clients across all sectors, supporting key decision makers in developing and executing strategies for transactions use your intellectual guile and enthusiasm to apply your technical skills across the M&A transaction lifecycle; including pre-deal diligence, portfolio review and corporate carve-outs & integrations. Your key responsibilities
As an Assistant Director within our Transaction Strategy and Execution team, you'd assist in aspects of business origination, including pitches and presentations, and attending meetings with clients to help sell work and work in a transaction environment operating under tight M&A timeframes and demands and be familiar working in a large-scale consulting environment or industry role. As a consultant you'd use your IT sector knowledge and work on projects across Digital Transformation, IT Transformation and Big Data. Skills and attributes for success
- Advise senior clients across all sectors, supporting key decision makers in developing and executing strategies for transactions.
- Sell, run and deliver different types of engagements, including pre-deal (e.g. operational and IT due diligence, carve-out planning), post-deal (e.g. integration planning, synergy tracking) and restructuring (e.g. rapid cost reduction).
- Lead blended project teams comprising colleagues from our transactions and advisory practices.
- Lead complex engagements, including commercials, resourcing and risk.
- Lead on business origination, including use of networks and delivery of pitches and presentations to senior clients.
- Lead on practice development initiatives and training programmes, supporting the continued focus on our team as a great place to work.
- Act as a role model and support development of junior team members, coupled with the recruitment and training responsibilities.
- Learn and develop technical and personal skills to support achievement of career goals, through a blend of structured learning, coaching and experiences.
To qualify for the role you must have
As an Assistant Director in Transaction Strategy and Execution you will require knowledge and experience in:
Ideally, you'll also have the following knowledge and experience:
- Professional services / consulting;
- Transactions: ideally due diligence, carve-out or integrations experience; and
- Broad knowledge and deep understanding of a typical IT function, including enterprise architecture, strategy, governance, systems integration, application development, service delivery and infrastructure.
- Adept at building strong working relationships with senior clients, including influence, advice and support to key decision makers.
- Demonstrated aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of delivering high-quality reports and presentations.
- Experience of leading large, complex, global delivery programmes.
- Strong team leadership skills, particularly teams with diverse skills and backgrounds, coupled with the ability to lead and develop juniors.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
What we are looking for
- Experience leading practice development initiatives and training programmes.
- Track record in business development, with strong external networks.
- Ability to act as an inspiring leader in a particular sector / industry.
You'll be a trusted business consultant to our clients and use your deep knowledge of multiple IT technologies to work closely to their needs. Your proven project management and stakeholder management experience will be key to the role. If you're ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you. About EY Parthenon
EY-Parthenon teams work with clients to navigate complexity by helping them to reimagine their eco-systems, reshape their portfolios and reinvent themselves for a better future. With global connectivity and scale, EY-Parthenon teams focus on Strategy Realized - helping CEOs design and deliver strategies to better manage challenges while maximizing opportunities as they look to transform their businesses. From idea to implementation, EY-Parthenon teams help organizations to build a better working world by fostering long-term value. EY-Parthenon is a brand under which a number of EY member firms across the globe provide strategy consulting services. For more information, please visit ey.com/parthenon . What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
Who we are
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.Qualifications:
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters! If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world.