For over 50 years we have used our imagination to create the best places, state-of-the-art buildings, thriving communities and ingenious infrastructure solutions. Our journey has taken us across the globe, from Australia to Asia, the Americas and Europe. And along the way we have set new standards by challenging conventional thinking for the better. What makes us different is that we understand and can deliver the whole process - or just part of it - from Investment to Development to Construction.
But most importantly, with everything we do, we leave a positive sustainable legacy for future generations to enjoy...
At Lendlease, our vision is to create the best places. As a Global leader in Property and Urban Regeneration we work with communities, clients, and our colleagues to create positive legacies from funding a project right through to developing and constructing state of the art buildings and infrastructure. We also create vibrant and sustainable residential communities, productive workplaces and destinations.
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Development Project Manager to join our London Development business. This role will provide the opportunity to be part of a team that will deliver a new benchmark for inclusive regeneration and will deliver socio-economic benefits for existing communities, via physical transformation.
The Assistant Development Project Manager will be responsible and accountable for the Development Project Management of various elements of the Development process and a critical part of the project team. Accountabilities
Key Competencies Teamwork and collaboration
- • Provide support in the preparation of planning application material and arrange for planning application(s) to be made and liaise to obtain a planning consent, including liaising with all external Stakeholders in respect of formal and informal external consultations.
- Provide support in overseeing Project Management, Design Management, Cost Planning and ensuring they meet the overall project objectives.
- Provide the necessary input to enable a development brief to be converted into a design brief and ultimately a design and risk solution, within an approved commercial assessment, budget, time, brief and planning requirements
- Assist in management of a project from its development inception (brief stage) to construction contract execution to support the Development objectives and commercial requirements.
- Assist in management of the conversion process and coordinating and leading the involvement of specialist design and pre-construction support services.
- Ensure compliance with the brief / authority / customer requirements during the conversion stage.
- Responsible for managing project risks and opportunities which could impact cost / time / quality and deliverability of the project, contract negotiations and contract forms, coordinating project resources and completing master design and design authority documentation.
- Responsible to assist in setting and establishing the project conversion programme and delivering to this.
- Assist in managing the Design fee budget and internal resource budget.
- Responsible for managing the client project expectations, balancing their aspirational objectives with the commercial constraints.
- Review all risks associated with their development responsibilities and to facilitate and be responsible for preparing a formal risk register for their area of involvement. To attend if required by the Head of Risk the Risk Forum to review and discuss their risk register.
- Be responsible alongside other project team members for Health & Safety Management in accordance with Lendlease GMRs. This will include ensuring all statutory responsibilities are satisfied. Health and Safety management is the first priority in all matters connected with the development and that this policy is adopted by all employees, along with managing consultants and contractors working on any part of the project.
- Be responsible for the preparation of certain legal documentation.
Communication and influence
- Works constructively with colleagues within the team and across the broader organisation; gives and obtains co-operation and acts to minimise unproductive conflict within the team.
- Communicates ideas and directions effectively both orally and in writing.
- Uses a variety of approaches to persuade, convince or influence individuals or groups to gain commitment to company strategies, plans and support for own ideas and initiatives.
Health and safety
- Acts to anticipate meet and exceed the needs and expectations of stakeholders.
- Works to understand internal and external client or stakeholder needs.
- Takes safety of stakeholders, employees, self, suppliers and the public seriously.
- Understands own and others' role in emergency situations and minimises risk.
We aspire to create a diverse workforce by recruiting suitably qualified candidates from a range of backgrounds regardless of age, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin or colour, sex, trans- gender status, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marital or civil partnership, or any other group who face disadvantage in our society. As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity we have invested in the external verification for equality, diversity and inclusion and have achieved the Equality Assured Standard accreditation and the National Equality Standard.
We particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who self-identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled.
We build careers, develop skills and invest in people. Imagine what more you can do here.
L endlease is committed to being a diverse and inclusive employer of choice by engaging, enabling and empowering our people. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Inclusion sets us all up for success and we particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who self-identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled.