Siemens Mobility are currently recruiting for an Assistant Design Engineer (ADE) for our Rail Electrification business to help drive forward the largest electrification projects in the UK. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the ADE will assist with producing designs that safely implement rail traction power distribution projects to the customer's specifications and timescales agreed, delivering a consistent high quality of design.
Based out of our offices in York you will be working alongside the best in the industry, you will be part of a dynamic team that is redefining what is possible in Railway Electrification.What are my Responsibilities?
What Qualifications and Experience do I need?
- Undertake substation designs (switchgear, modular housing, interconnection designs) under the mentorship of a senior designer.
- Undertake other design activities under direction as required to develop broad railway electrical engineering knowledge and capability.
- Maintain technical and safety standards in all aspects of design work in order that successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved.
- Develop own professional knowledge and competence, maintaining an awareness of developments in the industry and identifying opportunities for innovation.
- Provide support and input to Design Engineers on allocated projects.
- Maintain continuous communication with colleagues and customers to ensure coherent design and customer satisfaction.
- Discharge safety responsibilities in relation to CDM Regulations, Health and Safety legislation, Company procedures and project Safety Plans.
- Support problem solving and site engineering when required.
- An Engineering Degree or HND.
- Member of the IET or other recognised Professional body.
- Interest in railway engineering.
- Innovative, enthusiastic approach to work, ready to learn from and challenge colleagues within a high-performing team of system design experts.
- Excellent mathematical and engineering aptitude. System design demands the ability to visualise and handle complex inter-relationships.
- Good knowledge of Project Safety requirements.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Understanding of task, time and people management.
- Positive and enthusiastic approach to continual personal development and team working.
- Eligible for registration to achieve Chartered Engineer status in the future.
- Practical work experience
We're Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We're excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone's lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what's right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.Job ID:
SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITEDExperience Level:
not definedJob Type: