Here at Aviva we are delighted to announce a superb opportunity for an Assistant Company Secretary
to join Aviva's UK Life
division on a fixed term contract (6 month) basis. The key focus for this role will be to assist our Senior Assistant Secretary in the provision of high-end company secretarial and corporate governance support, ultimately enabling the Boards within Aviva UK Life to set and achieve strategic goals.
The successful candidate will benefit from Aviva's current smart working arrangements, however some travel may be required to Aviva's office locations including London and York.
This position is a fantastic chance to join a busy, business-critical department on a contract basis. We are looking for someone to 'hit the ground running' and therefore prior exposure to working within a company secretarial office for a large corporate business is essential.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Providing high quality company secretarial support and advice to Aviva's UK Life subsidiary boards and senior management
- Implementing and enforcing governance and best practice policies and procedures . This will include researching and investigating issues and preparing associated documents and offering advisory information
- Identifying, analysing and managing company secretarial risks, ensuring these are then reported in accordance with the Legal and Company Secretarial Standard
- Ensuring that minutes and other documentation are produced accurately and to very high standard
- Exercising strong and proactive management of relationships with key stakeholders, showcasing professional interpersonal skills
Skills & Experience required
- Prior experience within a company secretarial role, for a large corporate business
What will you get for this role?
- Ideally degree educated as well as FCIS/ACIS qualified
- Strong working knowledge of company law, administration and corporate governance.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as digital literacy
- Strong networking and relationship management skills
- Discretion, gravitas and integrity
- Availability to start a new role at short notice (this is a 6-month FTC position therefore we are looking for a candidate with no notice period)
Working at Aviva
- Competitive salary, depending on skills, experience, location and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days (pro-rata)
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always 'Care More'. It's our thing. We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job
. Once you've applied, please send us a separate email
stating that you have a disclosed disability
and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online
. If you require an alternative method
of applying, please give Daisy Holmes a call on +44 (0) 7436 672007 or send an email to email@example.com.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010
*. By 'minimum criteria'
we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.