Two Snowhill Birmigham Salary:
circa £43,000 cash plus benefits (indicative position in grade and location pay range).
We operate broad pay scales for all our roles to enable us to fulfil our commitments to inclusivity and career development. Final package is dependent on individual knowledge, skills and experience. In addition, we offer a range of competitive benefits - check them out in the Benefits section on our website.
HS2 Ltd endeavours to ensure everyone working for us and with us feels included, thrives and achieves their full potential. In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging our staff networks to flourish and providing personal and professional development opportunities.About the role: Assistant Commercial Manager
Provide administrative support and data analytics to contract administration teams who manage a series of transactional communications around scope, estimates, programme and deliverables. The interactions between the client and contractor teams are documented and administered using IT database and workflow systems that link with document management and contract administration. The role will sit within the Procurement & Supply Chain Directorate and will be flexible to provide support wherever the need arises.
About the role:
Qualifications About You:Skills:
- Maintain and provide updates on the contract management system activities/actions and ensure accurate communication of requirements arising from these to the HS2 and Contractor commercial teams.
- Effectively translate the system outputs into forms and reports that are readily understood and that drive good collaborative and effective contract management behaviours.
- Provide guidance and advice to inform continuous improvement on systems and, in time, lead training and refresher training on systems.
- Report monthly and other frequency performance statistics and develop informative reporting templates to inform team performance
- Actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
- Experience of contract management and contract administration in large multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience in assessing and analysing business information and reports to identify key issues.
- Administration and Organisational Skills - including ability to use databases and document control processes
- Ability to produce and manipulate a range of forecasting and numerical analysis tools including spreadsheets, pivot tables and databases.
- Analysis skills - including compiling, assessing and analysing business information and data reports to identify key issues.
- Ability to use Excel spreadsheets, MS Word and PowerPoint or equivalent packages
- Ability to liaise with managers, teams and individuals across the organisation
The post-holder is expected to behave at all times in a manner consistent with the HS2 values of Safety, Leadership, Integrity and Respect
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
We ask for a variety of detail in your online application, however we perform the first assessment of suitability for a role based solely on the information in your CV. Please attach an updated word version of your CV for each new application and include evidence directly related to the criteria in the job advert.About Us:
High Speed 2 (HS2 Ltd) will be the UK's new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain's major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd will create a skills legacy and develop a diverse range of talent. We aim to be a leader in EDI practice by creating a safe & inclusive working environment for all our staff - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership.
In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging our staff networks to flourish and providing personal and professional development opportunities.
HS2 Ltd is also a safety-critical organisation. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others' health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to our 'Safe at Heart' programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.
HS2 Ltd endeavours to ensure everyone working for us and with us feels included, thrives and achieves their full potential.