At Arcadis, we never lose sight of what's most important. Because look beyond our projects and programmes and you'll see it's about human stories. From remaking public spaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate, we're focused on making an impact where it matters most - and improving quality of life.
It's a big challenge. And why we need people committed to bringing their best, who deliver on their promises. People who value different perspectives, build sustainable relationships and dare to shape the future. People who seize the experiences available to transform their world - and the world around them.
It's a shared goal amongst 27,000 Arcadians. And one we can only achieve by working together and applying our skills and expertise across design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. It's how we'll find solutions to our clients' most complex challenges. And how we'll deliver exceptional results, today and tomorrow.
As an Assistant Commercial Manager at Arcadis you will undertake pre and post contract administration of a portfolio of projects. You will support Commercial Managers on the whole project lifecycle from pre tender to post contract administration, undertaking commercial reporting through to the project close-out.
About the role (accountabilities include but are not limited to):
- Support the on-going post-contract administration process leading to successful project close-out;
- Undertake preparation of estimates for works and review associated costs, interrogating and challenging associated technical information;
- Support the assessment of interim valuations and process payment certificates;
- Assist in preparation of tender documents and post contract documentation;
- Assist in managing the change control process;
- Provide support with final account settlements and internal reconciliations, to facilitate project close out as per the project budgets and project plan within agreed timescales;
- Provide support on periodic financial reporting including cost forecasting, anticipated final cost, cost of work done, gross billing and current contract value analysis; and
- Provide advice and support to Commercial teams to enable timely delivery of commercial project deliverables.
- Understanding and experience of Commercial Management and Contract administration processes, predominantly in relation to cost management, payment, variations, change management and final account settlement within a commercial industry;
- Experience of managing contracts under construction terms and conditions, (preferably NEC and ICC Forms of Contract), with an understanding of Target Cost and Fixed Price contracts;
- Experience of delivering accurate forecasting, reporting and related commercial analysis;
- Possessing ability to manage stakeholders;
- Familiarity of the public sector policies, processes and procedures; and
- Membership of the RICS or similar recognised body. It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
At Arcadis, you'll have the opportunity to build the career that's right for you. Because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals. And, as a 'people first' business, it's why we'll take the time to listen, to understand what you want from your time here, and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions. Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community.
We have a performance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Other benefits include membership fees to join your relevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, flexible working and a flexible holiday scheme.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success. #LI-RA1