What you'll be doing?
Commencing in September each year, this is a two-year programme. We're looking for the right combination of people to help take our business forward. With a minimum of a 2:2 degree, our graduates are people focused, ambitious and driven individuals who really want to develop into a leadership role.
In year one, you'll start by joining your chosen discipline in order to meet the team, settle into the business and start contributing to meaningful work. From January you'll begin six two-month placements on rotation, designed to give an all-round insight into our business. Following your rotations you'll re-join your original team to specialise in your chosen area during your final months on the programme. The projects will be longer, the challenges greater, the experience more focused and intense.
In addition to the rotational element of the scheme, graduates will also benefit from opportunities to undertake in voluntary activities, the option to study for professional qualifications and will undertake a series of development modules including leadership, communication, project management, presentations and performance management.
Throughout the programme, you will enjoy a tailored development plan with clear milestones, feedback and formal mentoring from a Managing Director or Operations Director. You'll also benefit from a support network of fellow graduates.
To undertake a course of study and work experience over 2 years that prepares the graduate for his/her first junior management role with Barratt Developments plc.
You will be expected to:
- Follow the 'ASPIRE' Graduate Development Programme, completing the portfolio evidence as required
- Attend all Group Development modules and Functional Meetings as per the programme
- Contribute to continuous development within Barratt Developments by undertaking Divisional/Regional/Group projects as agreed with mentor
- Continue to develop through reviews with your coach and mentor, and undertaking relevant professional qualifications where appropriate
- Contribute towards Corporate Responsibility objectives by driving volunteering activities in the local area
- Give continuous and constructive feedback on the 'ASPIRE' Graduate Development Programme
- Act as a buddy to new graduates when applicable
For more information on our Divisional locations please visit barrattdevelopments.co.uk/contact-us/divisional-officesWhat you'll need?
To be successful in this role, we are looking for:
Our Company and Benefits
- A 2:2 degree, equivalent or higher qualification; ideally in a subject related to the Built Environment, particularly if you are applying for a technical or construction role. If you don't have a related degree, you can still apply, but you'll need to demonstrate a passion for the industry and outline your transferrable skills
- Self-confidence and an individual who is articulate, resilient and able to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- A lateral and innovative thinker; sees change as an opportunity and challenge for the business
- Ability to work on own initiative, with the drive to take ownership of projects
- Strong communication skills, the ability to build effective and mutually beneficial working relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to rapidly absorb new and complex information with ease and speed to conduct an incisive analysis
- Passion about the customer and is a role model of this behaviour to others in the business
- Energy and enthusiasm to deliver goals and achievements
- Drive, self-motivation and results driven for self and business
We've been nationally recognised as a 5 star housebuilder thirteen years in a row for supplying high-quality homes for all generations. That's more than any other major housebuilder. It's because we combine the brightest minds, the latest technology, and a genuine commitment to putting customers first. We want the best people in the industry to help us shape the future of building. We have tailored opportunities for apprentices, graduates, experienced professionals and ex-Armed Forces personnel to come and help us stay one step ahead, and build the homes that Britain needs.
We are building an organisation where anyone with drive and talent can pursue the career they want. We are building a culture where anyone, regardless of gender, race, sexuality, disability, background or any other characteristic, can progress and be proud to work for us.
As part of working for Barratt Developments PLC and specifically for this role we offer:
- A Starting salary of £25,000 - £29,000, depending on your location
- Competitive Bonus Scheme
- 25 days holiday (increase by 1 day for every 3 years continuous service up to 29 days)
- Choice of Flexible Benefits
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies