Architect - Data Security
• Location: Swindon Head Offices, South-West England or London• Competitive based on a 35 hour working week• Flexibility to work from home for up to two days per week - dependent on delivery pressures.
We're looking for a talented Security Architect, with a Data security specialism. Our mission is to define and deliver the Data security architecture required to respond to the 21st century challenges, and opportunities, of innovative digital technologies and services.
Nationwide are a significant investor in IT, creating the opportunity to work with leading suppliers and technology at the fore-front of cyber security for structured and unstructured data.
Who we're looking for
The successful applicant will be a security professional with depth and breadth of experience in security architecture, particularly in data security controls. The applicant must be able to demonstrate the use of appropriate architectural and security frameworks and methodologies to successfully deliver technology and change. You must be able to demonstrate stakeholder management and influencing skills up to the senior executive level. At Nationwide, Architects are expected to have the drive to develop and maintain their specialist knowledge, share skills, communicate and collaborate with their colleagues, as well as continually evolve the architectural function and output.
As a minimum requirement you'll:
• Exhibit a strong grasp of Enterprise Data Security Architecture principles in a digital transformation environment.• Have a thirst for knowledge, technology, innovation and continual improvement.• Demonstrate and understand the importance of architecting defence in depth security control capabilities for the full information lifecycle of data.• Take the daily pragmatic architectural decision-making in your stride for the security of large scale, end user, enterprise application and big data analytics platforms.• Be comfortable with RFI/RFP vendor selection and creating and critiquing requirements, LLD's, and HLD's; and considering key compliance guidelines including GDPR & PCI DSS.• Evidence proven expertise in securing large enterprise data storage, transmission, and usage.• Evidence working with stakeholders to distil fundamental technical requirements from complexity.• Be capable of working cross-functionally to collaboratively build cohesive, deliverable, and manageable solutions; proactively identifying and resolving issues independently.
You must show excellent practical knowledge of the following technologies, be aware of their deployment choices, and the implications on security and risk:
• Virtual/Cloud infrastructure, platforms and applications.• DLP technologies and control strategies.• Data Discovery, classification and labelling• Information/Digital Rights Management• Security of Information sharing and collaboration technologies including file sharing, email and messaging, conferencing and technologies such as SharePoint and confluence.• Cryptographic services and options for encryption to protect data at rest, in motion and in use.• Key and certificate management.• Tokenisation, obfuscation and anonymisation • Ransomware/Data Integrity protection and recovery.• Data lifecycle and information governance.
It would be nice if you also had
• The ability to balance complex business and technical requirements and establish the appropriate security controls as necessary to satisfy them.• A strong grounding in the use and implementation of behavioural analytics using AI and ML components, and closed loop automation techniques.• Practical experience reviewing Enterprise Architecture designs and enhancing security solutions against policy, standards and industry best practice including RFCs, NIST CSF, NIST 800-53, ISO27001/2, CSA.• Practical experience of cloud infrastructure architecture, service types and their data implications.• Pertinent security professional vendor/industry qualifications.
What you'll be doing
You will be empowered to engage with a wide variety of stakeholders, vendors and partners, in addition to key programmes and projects to provide clarity, oversight, and direction and maintain alignment with the target architecture. At the forefront of Nationwide's technology and services delivery you will proactively identify any emergent technologies, threats and risks. Based on these findings you will assist in providing an architecture to encompass these and ensure that Nationwide remains at the forefront of financial services and security.
You will specifically:
• Work closely with other architects to understand and deliver the agreed strategic outcomes for the security architecture function. • Ensure solution architecture integrity throughout the change lifecycle on projects and programmes.• Ensure that all solutions are fit for purpose, implementable, complete and align with maturing security strategies and standards. • Support our digital transformation agenda with technical and business savvy consultancy.• Support our procurement process to identify and evaluate suppliers and future partners • Work closely with our suppliers / partners to support the development of solutions and to help inform the ongoing development of our security roadmap.• Produce architecture patterns, capability specific conceptual and logical architectures and other artefacts as part of the strategic enterprise architecture for data security.
The extras you'll get
Our people's success isn't based on how long they spend at their desk. While you'll have contracted hours, we offer a flexible environment. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours. We want to know how you like to work. And if we forget to ask, please tell us. We promise it won't affect your chances at all.
There are all sorts of benefits, including:
• A personal pension (most people put in 7% of their salary which we'll top up by a further 16%)• Up to two days of paid volunteering a year• Family-friendly benefits to make life easier for parents and carers• 24 days holiday (25 as from January 2020) with the ability to 'buy' up to 10 days more holiday• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme• Personal development. Support and training to help you to excel and develop your career.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we're here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we're known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We're also the world's largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you'd like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.