Description Arboriculturist Various Locations
At Arcadis, we never lose sight of what's most important. Becausewe look beyond our projects and programmes and you'll see it's about humanstories. From remaking public spaces that bring people together, to makingcities easier to navigate, we're focused on making an impact where it mattersmost - and improving quality of life.
It's a shared goal amongst 27,000 Arcadians. And one we can onlyachieve by working together and applying our skills and expertise acrossdesign, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. It's howwe'll find solutions to our clients' most complex challenges. And how we'lldeliver exceptional results, today and tomorrow. Job Description
As an arboriculturist you would be joining our 50 plus strongecology team, who have over 20 years of experience undertaking the full rangeof ecological and arboricultural surveys and assessments, as well as theprovision of advice on masterplanning, mitigation and enhancement design,ecosystem service and natural capital assessment.
Your experience will be critical because we take our passion ofimproving quality of life seriously. From bringing people together in reshapedpublic spaces to helping them make easier journeys on public transport, ourlong-term impact stretches far and wide.
We are engaged on a variety of large and interesting projects,including Urban and Greenfield Residential Development, Highway and RailSchemes, Power Stations, Electrical and Gas Infrastructure, and are working fora wide selection of clients based throughout the UK, including EDF Energy,National Grid, the Environment Agency, Transport for London, Highways England,Network Rail, the Canal and River Trust, and Housing Associations. Our work with Local Authorities includesdeveloping relationships with tree officers and working with them on localdevelopment projects. We are alsoinvolved in international work via Environmental, Social and Health ImpactAssessments and our natural capital community of practice.
As part of your role you will be able to apply your expertise byconducting surveys and providing associated reports to drive our core passion: toimprove quality of life in a sustainable way.
Your Day-to Day:
- Undertaking BS 5837 2012 Arboriculturalsurveys and producing associated reports, Arboricultural Impact Assessment(AIAs) and Arboricultural Method Statements (AMSs)
- Undertaking climbed surveys on occasion toinspect potential bat roosting features
- Provide general advice on arboriculturalissues
- Complete arb projects and provide arboriculturaladvice to clients
- Applicantsshould hold a suitable qualification (e.g. FdSc Arb, BSc or Technician'sCertificate in Arboriculture or higher or closely related field)
- Membership ofthe Arboricultural Association or the Institute of Chartered Foresters
- A sound levelof Arboricultural knowledge including BS 5837 2012 Tree Quality Surveys and thepreparation of Arboricultural Impact Assessments / Arboricultural MethodStatements
- Excellent ITskills and a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office, AutoCad and industrygraphics packages.
- Desired: Previousexperience of undertaking tree condition surveys, BS5837 survey's and reporting
- Desired: LANTRAProfessional Tree Inspector Certificate
- Desired: CS38:Accessing a Tree with Rope and Harness and Aerial Rescue
- Desired: Experienceof database asset management software and tablet data collection
- Desired: Experienceof assessing trees for their potential for roosting bats
At Arcadis, you'll have theopportunity to build the career that's right for you. Because each Arcadian hastheir own motivations, their own career goals. And, as a 'people first'business, it's why we'll take the time to listen, to understand what you wantfrom your time here, and provide the support you need to achieve yourambitions. Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive rewardpackage that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities for careerdevelopment and being part of a sociable community. We have aperformance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Otherbenefits include membership fees to join your relevant professional body,employer contribution pension scheme, flexible working and a flexible holiday scheme.
We believe that by working together diverse people with differentexperiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improvequality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&IWorkstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverseand skilled workforce is essential to our success.
- FdSc Arb, BSc or PDArb in Arboriculture or higher in arboriculture or closely related field.
- BS 5837 2012 Tree Quality Surveys and the preparation of Arboricultural Impact Assessments / Arboricultural Method Statements.