WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world's best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
HBO Max is where storytelling takes center stage and where creatives find a home with the support and resources to do their best work, no matter the genre or format. Whatever the viewer wants to watch is front and center and more of what they crave is easily discovered. It is where ourexclusive HBO Max Originalsand iconic entertainment brands thrive, with HBO, Warner Bros., DC, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network and more delivering the greatest array of series, movies and specials for audiences of all ages.HBO Max launched in the US in May 2020 and will launch in Latin America and Europe during 2021.
Join us. Shape your story here.The Job
As the Analytics Engineer, you will be responsible for managing the architecture, design, and support of data visualizations for Marketing. This role will work closely with marketers, analyst, data engineers, and senior leadership to define metrics and implement robust data visualizations and dashboarding solutions that will drive meaningful insights and critical business decisions.
As the Analytics Engineer, you are tasked with synthesizing our massive dataset into appealing and digestible visualizations that will unlock and improve business insights. Your goal is to champion data-driven story-telling and create a self-service environment where divisional analytical users can visit to understand how we are performing toward our goals, learn about the shape of our business metrics, and regularly check in on measurements that are central to our company's mission.The DailyBusiness Enablement
Data Visualization Development
- Coordinate with other marketing, analytics, and technology teams to identify innovative data solutions that meet fluctuating and rapidly evolving goals and objectives.
- Work closely with marketing business stakeholders to define reporting requirements and deliver insightful and effective dashboards and data visualizations.
- Support cross departmental core metrics and data dependencies with leadership visibility.
- Design and implement logical data models and transformations to support flexible self-service reporting.
- Lead data visualization development to enrich our analytics platform (Looker) as the single source of truth.
- Support the adoption and training of our analytics platform for self-service data discovery and reporting.
- Build relational semantic layers and aggregate datasets using SQL and solid ETL principles in Snowflake to enable performant and flexible reporting underlying our visualizations.
- Conduct QA of our visualizations against in-platform and across our data pipeline to ensure data integrity and accuracy.
- Participate in the creation and support of BI development standards and best practices.
- Continually research and improve new methods and enhancements to our analytics platform and visualizations to drive innovative, data-driven story-telling.
- Rapidly deliver on new concepts through prototyping that can be presented for feedback and iteration.
- Train team members and colleagues on best practices for data visualizations and help others be successful stewards of our tools.
- Create and maintain documentation for all levels of our business to best illustrate our complex data solutions and reporting processes.
- Enable everyone at WarnerMedia to be an analyst through the self-service BI model.
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineer, Mathematics or similar required
- 3-5 years of relevant experience of data modeling, data engineering and delivering business intelligence and dashboard solutions
- 3+ years of Looker and data visualization design
- Experience working with relational databases and data warehousing (Snowflake, Big Query)
- Understanding of digital marketing, social, and advertising technologies, such as Google Marketing Platform, Google Ad Manager, Social Ad Managers, AppsFlyer, and/or Braze
- Understanding of the digital media ecosystem and subscription business model
- Hands-on engineering experience with data modeling and architecture
- Experience with ETL solutions
- Proficient in data manipulation & data-wrangling technologies (SQL & Python)
- Analyzing, compiling, cleansing, interpreting, joining and staging data
- Excellent problem-solving skills and initiative
- Proven ability to collaborate with key partners and stakeholders to define metrics, identify requirements and solve problems independently
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities, communicating changes in scope and schedule to all parties concerned
- Willingness to learn quickly and autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work flexible hours, including possible overtime, when necessary
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia. For more information on how to join our company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please clickhere.The Perks
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.