UK Job Description Description
This position will assist the members of the Client Value Team in all aspects of the Firm's pricing strategy. Working under the supervision of the Pricing Manager, the incumbent will help develop the Firm's fee arrangements, based on the Firm's current strategic goals, and will help analyze the results for future success. Duties include, but are not limited to, understanding the Firm's historic pricing performance and current pricing options, modeling and creating various fee arrangements, preparing pricing content for external audiences (including RFP responses), maintaining and updating databases used to track pricing projects, collaborating with team members on analyses of closed matters, assisting other Firm departments (e.g., Marketing, Accounting) to meet client deadlines, and supporting senior members of the team as necessary. The Firm
Reed Smith is a global law firm with more than 1,800 lawyers in 28 offices throughout Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the United States.
Operating as one global partnership, we represent leading international businesses from FTSE 100 corporations to mid-market and emerging enterprises; advising clients on cross border transactions, international commercial disputes and regulation. We specialise in industries including financial services, life sciences, health care, energy and natural resources, entertainment and media, shipping and real estate.
We all share a common culture, with core values supporting the firm's commitment to add value, achieve excellence, and promote professional development.
London is our largest office with approximately 700 people, including over 300 fee earners across the full range of commercial practice areas. Consistent with the firm's strategy, the office has grown significantly over the past five years. Key to this growth has been our ability to successfully integrate new hires into our business and give them a platform to flourish. We place a huge significance on listening to our people and incorporating their ideas wherever possible.
For further information, please visit:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Key Skills and Experience Experience
- Develop the Firm's fee agreements-at the Firm, Department, Practice/Industry Group, and Client levels-considering current best practices and including analysis of prior work.
- Produce and run pricing models for all projects.
- Collaborate with Business Development regarding necessary pricing content to prepare Firm's RFP responses and other presentations (such as client meetings).
- Maintain and update fee arrangement databases.
- Assist attorneys with AFA education, modeling, and creation.
- Assist Pricing Manager with closed matter analyses.
- Demonstrate a high level of service delivery; do what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction; deal with service failures and prioritize customer needs.
- Perform ad hoc analysis using the Firm's profitability model and provide recommendations to increase profitability and efficiencies.
- Summarize detailed pricing analyses for high level consumption.
- Compile data from multiple sources and prepare reports.
- Proactively work cross functionally to ensure all pricing-related RFP requirements are complete
- To have at least 6 months experience within a pricing/commercial function
- Significant experience in accounting, financial analysis, or paralegal field.
- Experience within a large professional services firm is desirable.
- Accounting systems experience. 3E System is a plus.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (including use of pivot tables, Vlookup, charts/graphs, macros, what/if statements, financial formulas).
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong analytical skills, a high degree of intellectual curiosity, and the ability to engage with other team members in addressing a variety of accounting, reporting and business issues.
- An energetic, hands-on individual with a strong bias for action, someone who commits himself/herself fully to stretch goals, is receptive to ongoing coaching and development and who is dedicated to delivering outstanding results.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent assignments to meet reporting deadlines. A highly motivated team player who contributes to an atmosphere in which people work together to produce superior results.
- Excellent interpersonal and written/oral communication skills. A good listener with outstanding interpersonal qualities and has the ability to present his/her views in a clear and compelling manner and is open to having sometimes difficult conversations regarding matter performance to reach firm goals of increasing profitability and efficiency.
- Ability to embrace step-change in a fast-paced team-oriented work environment.
- Unquestionable integrity, credibility and character who has demonstrated high moral and ethical behaviour.
At Reed Smith, we welcome direct applications either in response to one of our advertised vacancies or on a speculative basis. Please click on the "Apply Now" button to submit your details and we will be in touch.
No search firms/agencies please.
Reed Smith's success depends heavily on the effective utilization of qualified people, regardless of their race, ancestry, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, disability, veteran's status, or any characteristic protected by law. As a firm, we adhere to and promote equal employment opportunity for all.
We are committed to making all stages of our recruitment process accessible to candidates with disabilities or long-term health conditions. If you have a disability or a long-term health condition and require adjustments to be made for you within the recruitment process, please contact a member of the Recruitment team. For more information on our approach to diversity and inclusion please visit our website .