- Extract data, including customer profile info, campaign response, and transaction data, from existing systems, using tools such as SAS, SQL, R and Python.
- Continually look for ways to improve analytics processes and deliverables
- Ensure data integrity by leveraging proven methodologies, including data reconciliation, data integration and data audits
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.Qualifications
- Proven experience in developing business strategies resulting from quantitative marketing analytics/data mining and presenting those results to the client/business partner
- University degree in Business Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science or related analytical degree or experience
- Proven command of SAS and/or R, SQL, relational databases, Python and MS Excel/PowerPoint
- Familiarity with a variety of statistical models including regression, market basket analysis, cluster analysis, propensity models, and other modeling techniques
- Experience in retail, financial services or travel a plus
- Experience with data visualization tools a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills - must be able to communicate complex ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Capable of working in a dynamic environment, handling multiple projects, meeting deadlines, prioritising appropriately
- Excellent analytical, mathematical and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to formulate complex data into meaningful trends and insights
- Ability to test business hypotheses with data and achieve conclusion
- Strong presentation skills
- Careful attention to detail and high quality execution
- Proven ability to build collaborative, trusting relationships
- Strong written/oral communications skills
- Must be able to see the big picture and be able to relate findings across various analyses
- Strong sense of curiosity and storytelling
- Strong attention to detail
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the UK is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Primary Location: UK - London
Schedule Full-time Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process - or need any reasonable adjustments to be made - then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).