Alcentra is one of BNY Mellon Investment Management's specialists, and they focus their skills on the sub-investment grade debt capital markets in Europe and the U.S. Their objective is to deliver strong, risk-adjusted returns that are less correlated, through a complementary suite of traditional and alternative credit strategies. In pursuing this objective, their investment strategy and approach to credit selection are based on intensive fundamental research and credit analysis, combined with active portfolio management to minimize credit losses. Alcentra is part of BNY Mellon Investment Management, one of the world's largest investment managers. BNY Mellon Investment Management :
At BNY Mellon Investment Management, we believe the right results begin with being relevant to every client, whether it is engaging with them to create solutions, offering diversified strategies or providing insights for better-informed decisions.
That is why we designed a model built around investors' needs to offer the best of both worlds: world-class investment firms with best-of-breed talent and unique cultures combined with the global scale and strength of BNY Mellon Investment Management. We connect investors with opportunities across every major asset class, globally. Today, we have eight investment firms, one of which is Alcentra.
We believe this is how investing should be and we are looking for talent to help us deliver on our promise. Job Purpose :
The Change Management team's purpose is to deliver a diverse range of strategic projects globally across the business. The BA will join a team of professionals with extensive asset management experience and use their technical knowledge and subject matter expertise to gather requirements, make recommendations, implement changes and ensure user acceptance and adoption of new systems and processes across the business.
Initially the primary focus will be on the customisation and implementation of a new OMS to the investment teams in London, New York and Boston as well as the outsourcing of a number of our back office functions. Key Responsibilities:
Our expectation is that people will bring:
- Identify, gather, analyse, document business requirements, and translate these into technical specifications.
- Effectively communicate and get sign off for specifications and proposals from all stakeholders including senior management, business users and tech specialists
- Emphasis on testing and usability and recognising its importance throughout the project
- Monitor project progress, risks and issues through regular reports, RAID log, project plans
- Responsible for escalating issues to relevant parties
- Ability to build robust and scalable business processes
- Be adaptable and assist the Head of Change on other projects as and when required
Experience and qualifications required:
- Client Drive
- Efficient Decision Making
- Prior BA experience essential
- Exposure to asset classes and strategies specific to Credit Managers preferable. The projects next focus will be Structured Credit and Closed Ended Funds
- Front Office system experience beneficial, specifically Allvue's Everest
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - both verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task; work to tight deadlines and able to cope under pressure
- A strong personality able to withstand exposure to demanding Front Office teams
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Strong problem solving ability/logical thinker and highly numerate
- Ability to see the bigger picture
- Must be organised and able to prioritize duties and responsibilities
- Able to work independently and in a team
- A passion for change and a sense of real achievement based on delivery
BNY Mellon Investment Management is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer