UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Life Limited
AIG Life launched in July 2008 offering a range of award winning protection products including Real Life Cover and YourLife Plan, a menu based product with Life Cover, Critical illness Cover, Business Protection and Income Protection. AIG Life became part of the larger AIG global business in January 2015 and has continued to establish themselves as a key player in the UK individual protection market and now provide peace of mind to nearly 400,000 customers.
Are you an underwriter with an appetite for providing excellent customer service and cost efficient risk assessment of complex medical conditions? If so, look no further for your next career challenge! Here at AIG, we pride ourselves on being innovative in our approach, customer focused and determined to make a positive difference to our policyholders by offering an efficient service that gives the cover they need when they need it most.
What we expect from you:
- You will have experience in Underwriting a range of products on a daily basis within an agreed level of authority and within service standards: Life Assurance Critical Illness Benefit TPD Income Protection Waiver of Premium Business Protection.
- You will communicate by telephone and in writing with clients, distributors and reassurers on a daily basis to obtain further information in relation to applications or pre-sales enquiries and explain underwriting requirements and decisions.
- You will contribute ideas for the continuous improvement of the underwriting and new business process within AIG Life to ensure that we remain innovative and forward thinking " constantly challenging the status quo.
- You will work closely with other areas within AIG Life (for example Claims, Actuarial, Administration) to develop a thorough understanding of the business and contribute to best practice overall.
- You will demonstrate a can-do attitude and flexibility within the team.
- You will pro-actively manage your workload and prioritise tasks to ensure service standards are met.
- You will deliver consistently excellent customer service ensuring TCF principles are maintained.
- You will be a well-developed and effective communicator both verbally and in writing, exhibiting good questioning and listening skills.
- You will have an understanding of the numerical rating system, and ability to understand simple mathematical calculations.
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent basic salary, with annual performance related bonus.
- 9% non Contributory company pension matched by up to a further 4% if you contribute too.
- Up to 10 x salary Death in Service benefit and income protection.
- Private medical & health assessments.
- 25 days holiday.
- Friendly, collaborative, and positive atmosphere.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission " creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.