SM - Sales & Marketing
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Life LimitedReports to: Telephone Sales ManagerDepartment: Group ProtectionLocation: Fenchurch Street, LondonDirect Reports: NoneRole: This will be a 12 month fixed term contract to cover maternity.
AIG Life are a protection insurance business. As well as delivering products to individuals and businesses, AIG Life also provides group protection products to employers. Our products - group life, group critical illness and group income protection - are bought by employers as a benefit for their employees, and AIG Life sell these products, via intermediaries, to SMEs as well as large multinational businesses.
The Group Protection department includes teams for Sales/Distribution, Scheme Underwriting, Client Services and Propositions. The Distribution Team requires a Telephone Account Manager to develop relationships with intermediaries and generate sales.
The role requires someone who has some experience in telephone sales or customer service, and who has a strong desire to develop a career in sales.
Why join us?
- Telephone sales is a key part of AIG Life's distribution strategy for group protection, so we are looking for the right candidate with the enthusiasm, energy, drive and desire to help us grow our business
- You will be personally responsible for developing and maintaining profitable business from a panel of 250-300 adviser firms currently active in the Group Protection market.
- You will be required to meet activity, engagement and sales targets for your panel, while supporting other Telephone Account Managers to meet overall team objectives.
- This is a proactive sales role, so you should be a self-starter, highly motivated, well organised and driven to meet and exceed sales and call targets. You should be comfortable developing cold accounts that have not used AIG Life before.
- This is an office based role, however there will be an opportunity to work from home occasionally.
From the Head of Group Protection Distribution...
"This is a great opportunity to join a team that is going places. Originally known as Ellipse in the UK market, and recently acquired by AIG Life, we are one of the fastest growing insurers in the Group Protection marketplace, with plans to further accelerate that growth and expand our team over the next 12-24 months. We will be adding new products and updating our systems too which will further help us grow. Our telesales team was established 18 months ago and has made an excellent start in building relationships with advisers who otherwise would not have done business with AIG Life. However it is clear that there is a lot more potential. As a result we are expanding the team and are therefore looking for an outstanding candidate to join and help us build new relationships with intermediaries. You must be a highly motivated, driven individual with some experience in telephone sales and enthusiasm, energy, persistency and resilience in equal measure." Key Responsibilities
The Telephone Account Manager is an important, proactive sales role within the department, therefore in this role you will need to:
Technical Skills and Expertise
- Initiate new business telephone calls with advisers and meet call targets
- Develop business through a panel of advisers by explaining the AIG Life proposition and approach
- Demonstrate the online services to advisers via webinars and through supporting and coaching advisers on the phone to help them adopt our online processes
- Managing the new business quotation process from getting feedback to successfully winning a scheme and placing 'on-risk', ensuring all supporting documentation is saved and filed
- Work with scheme underwriting and administration teams in the new business process
- Deal appropriately with technical insurance questions and online process queries on the phone or by e-mail
- Be able to administer and prioritise workloads effectively
- Manage potential disputes and service failures to minimise impact on the client and the adviser and reputation damage to the insurer/brand
- Experience within a telephone sales or customer service environment
- Desire to develop a career in sales
- Excellent communication & customer service skills
- Must be proactive, driven and target orientated
- Good organisation skills is vital
- Willingness to learn about the insurance industry
- Sales experience within the insurance sector
- Good knowledge of Group Protection and/or employee benefit products
- Experience selling to UK broker market
- CII qualifications
- Hard worker
- Self-starter, driven and highly motivated
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to support, engage and motivate others
- Good team member - flexible, adaptable, optimistic
- Enthusiastic and lively
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.